RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
RusselSmith is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Control Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Cost Planning and Control:
- Develop and implement cost control policies and procedures as applicable
- Liaise with the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- Monitors and ensure the organization purchases the right amount of goods and services it needs to operate at the right price and purchasing cost savings opportunities
- Monitor cost savings against market survey benchmarks
- Ensures vendor invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, including assistance with other procurement activities processing Purchase requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Implements cost accounting procedures and methods related to overall procurement within the company.
- Liaise with other department in development of the annual operating plan and monthly cost/ budget forecast.
- Aide in the development of new labor and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts.
- Monitor budget utilization trends by analyzing data and recommend standard budget for each department in the organization.
- Monitor organization’s procurement trends and recommend ways to eliminate wastefulness of resources.
- Evaluate the procurement needs of each department, plan procurement processes, identify cost-effective and efficient acquisition methods and provide vendor contract administration support.
Budget Trend Analysis:
- Analyze overhead cost against Standard/Budget; research and explain budget variance
- Prepare analysis of fixed spending by department. Show actual vs. budget and identify and explain variances.
- Analyze the company’s consumption and forecast its future needs. For example, study the printing needs of each department to establish the number of copier papers that can take the company through an entire month.
- Participation and presentation of timely and accurate data and analysis at cost planning meetings
- Perform ad hoc procurement cost analysis to support the operations.
- Responsible for the preparation of analysis reports for company procurement and cost effectiveness trends.
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, cost analyst and price analysis practices, and procedures.
- Evaluates vendor cost and pricing proposals.
- Request for Quotes (RFQ) evaluations
Policy & Procedures:
- Oversee the development, review and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and forms.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports and other reports as required.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Must possess strong analytical and decision-making skills, as well as a keen attention to detail to thrive on the job
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Ability to manage contractual/commercial issues.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services
- Good coordinating and multitasking skills
- Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Problem Solving/Analysis. Financial Management. Business Acumen. Technical Capacity. Initiative. Communication
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent knowledge of financial business operations and risk-based auditing
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies and general financial business conditions.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply
Click here to apply