Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer – Staff Development and Welfare
- Ensure that a consistent performance management process is followed throughout the mission
- With the support of the base HR team, ensure all staff have an up to date performance appraisal
- Train and advise managers on performance evaluations and meetings
- Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and base HR team to ensure they are received in a timely manner, and of good quality
- Extract and track relevant training information from performance appraisals to support the development of the Mission Training Plan
Ensure briefings, inductions, and capacity building are designed and implemented consistently across the mission
Implement a uniform briefing process across the mission, in coordination with hiring managers and other departments.
- Design, review and implement a quarterly (or more frequently as needed) induction for all new staff, with support from the base HR teams
- Facilitate staff trainings on HR policy and procedure
- Support in the planning and organization of mission trainings as needed, ensuring the proper follow up and filing of all staff trainings
- Support in the development and implementation of a mission training plan that is in line with the training needs and mission strategy
Oversee missions staff welfare and team building activities and ensure a feedback mechanism is in place
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Trained and experienced in facilitating training and adult learning theory.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Commitment to ACF charter and values.
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management; masters’ degree a plus.
- 3 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a related role.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “HR Officer – Staff Development and Welfare – ABUJA”.
- Any application received without these specifications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
Deadline 20th January, 2017.