The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst
humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their
lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC
offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced
to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40 countries and
22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who
are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm
The International Rescue Committee is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Borno, Nigeria
Sector: Human Resources
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Scope of Work
- The HR Coordinator will be providing technical support and
capacity building for HR team across field sites and will be working
closely with Senior HR Manager to facilitate the development of a highly
effective, strategic HR function in the country that ensures the
country program has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver
HR services effectively.
- This position reports directly to the Deputy Director for Operations.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to ensue staff understand and apply
HR best practices and IRC policy, and engaging staff to foster and
implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes
learning and staff development.
- Serve as a mentor for and build the capacity of HR team to ensure sustainable and reliable HR services in all field offices.
- Ensure standardization of HR forms across offices and ensure use and sharing of best practices between field locations.
- The candidate will ensure smooth transition of HR Coordinator responsibilities outlined above to the Senior HR Manager.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to update orientation/onboarding materials for new staff orientation and conduct training for all HR staff to carry out orientations effectively.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to conduct training sessions specifically aimed at compliance, transparent recruitment process, contract management, HR reporting, staff personnel files management and effective orientation.
- Assess capacity of HR staff across IRC offices in Nigeria in
their ability to appropriately and adequately manage all HR issues and
work with Senior Manager to conduct training to address the gab.
- Support and provide guidance to Senior HR Manager and HR staff
to effectively implement Performance Management Program and link it to
staff development/capacity building and training.
- Review contracts, employee data & records, leave
administration and compliance to HR policies and procedures and work
with Senior HR Manager to conduct training aimed at all HR staff.
- Review all personnel files and related HR documents country wide
and work with Senior HR Manager to ensure all files are up to date and
in compliance with IRC policy.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to develop and execute capacity
building plan aimed at Human Resources staff across IRC Nigeria to
enable them deliver timely and accurate HR services.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Master Degree or equivalent education.
- 8 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a head of HR department or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of HRIS systems and fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 200+ employees in multiple locations within the country required.
- Demonstrated success in supporting senior management and building relationships.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
- Aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply