Job at JAGAL Group for a Senior Laboratory Technician
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the
Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company
has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a
valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business
activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer
rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy
ambitions for a successful future career.
JAGAL Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Technician
Job ID: 654
Reporting to: Civil/Infrastructure Manager
- Will be involved with routine geotechnical/construction
materials laboratory testing including: soils, concrete and masonry
laboratory test performance, calibration and maintenance of laboratory
equipment, keeping the laboratory organized and in compliance with QA/QC
initiatives and AASHTO accreditation requirements, calculations and
data reduction of test results and other administrative duties, as
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure construction project quality objectives are met.
- Actively and visibly promote company health and safety standards and requirement.
- Ensure that high quality standards are maintained and project achieves the required quality standard.
- Maintain a professional relationship with company departments and functions.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Testing of geotechnical/construction materials laboratory including soils, concrete and masonry laboratory test performance.
- Ensure that project quality objectives are met according to project specification.
- Keeping the laboratory organized and in compliance with QA/QC initiatives
- Calculations and data reduction of test results and other administrative duties, as appropriate.
- Function as a field technician performing soils and concrete testing in the field.
- Observing and documenting construction
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Report issues of non-conformance to line manager.
- Carryout steel tensile text to ensure that rebar are in conformity with project specification.
- Ensure that all quality management record are documented and kept for audit and assessment purposes.
- Ensure that all concrete aggregates are tested at source and
also on arrival and ensure that result met with project specification.
- Open a concrete cubes register.
- Prepare mix proportion based on mix design and communicate same to batching plant operator.
- Monitor the slump or consistency of fresh concrete mix.
- Monitor fresh concrete sampling, cubes making, marking and curing of concrete cubes.
- Ensure that concrete cubes are tested when due.
- Design test reporting pro forma.
- Full responsibility of the finished project document and archive
them separately in the shelves in a highly professional manner for
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports of all tasks
- Cleaning, maintaining, repairing and calibration of laboratory testing equipment.
Key internal interfaces:
- Batching plant operator and civil supervisor
- 5 -8 years industry experience.
- Experience performing routine laboratory soils and concrete tests is a plus.
- High school Diploma or a Civil Engineering Degree
- Related soils/concrete laboratory/field experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply