Blowfish Hotel Limited is the ultimate oasis of comfort and style, where sophistication and attitude seamlessly blend with timeless design. A modern boutique hotel in Lagos, the Blowfish Hotel is proof that the new rules of elegance are crisp, clean, and modern, without fuss or complexity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Previous accounting in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced skills in Excel.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Account team and ensuring the daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- His functions included but not limited to ensuring that the following tasks are completed accurately and according to deadline schedule for his team
- Ensure all cash items are recorded and resolved daily; variance is resolved same day
- Daily income audit
- Responsible for accounts receivable activities; invoicing, statements and aging
- Prepare and/or misc. reconciliations
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet work papers; ensure activity is appropriate
- Prepare and review misc. reconciliations, tracking and reporting
- Prepare and review of financial statements and expense reviews
- Prepare and review monthly/annual sales
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards
- Plan and organize the work of the hotel accounting team, adjusting priorities as needed to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Review journal entries for appropriate supporting documentation, remarks, account and amount
- Daily import of sales and statistical records
- Appropriate and timely communication with departmental units; provide adhoc reports as requested
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve and utilize analytical abilities in order to troubleshoot issues.
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Skills attained through completion of a 4-year accounting Degree and 3-4 years general accounting experience (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across management and staff levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th March, 2017.