Amazuma Services Limited is a medium telecommunications engineering and oil & gas servicing company committed to providing zero down time on telecommunications facilities and network transmission.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
The candidate shall be responsible for:
- Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
- Establish quality transportation services.
- Plan and implement budgets.
- Utilize services of less-than-truckload carriers and air-forwarders to handle fulfillment shipments.
- Review financial reports.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Make arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with drivers’ hours and tachograph rules, and with speed limits.
- Make arrangements to ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
- Report and record vehicle defects highlighted by drivers.
- Establish the method of compilation and the accuracy of all records, which must be kept for a period of no less than 15 months.
- Make arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded.
- Ensure that authorized vehicles will be kept at the authorized operating centre(s) when not in use.
- Manage performance of branch employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Bachelors degree in Transport and Planning;
- At least 5 years experience in transport and logistics
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
Job Title: Truck Mechanic
The candidate must be able to:
- Carry out routine service of Daf trucks or Freightliner and Mack trucks.
- Identify faults in time;
- Identify authentic spare parts;
- Fix faults in good time.
- Proffer appropriate solution to such faults;
- 5 years experience in repairs of either Daf or freightliner and Mack trucks.
Job Title: Driver
- Hilux Driver
- Peddler Driver
- Hiab Driver
- Trailer Driver
- Age must be between 30-45 years.
- No physical / eye disabilities.
- 5 years driving experience.
- No crime record.
- Nigerian Nationality.
- Valid and appropriate National Driver’s License
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the subject.
Application Deadline: 24th March, 2017.