The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
As part of efforts to build a New Niger Delta where ideas and innovation hold sway, we invite talented, creative youths with impressive scientific inventions to submit their works for possible international exhibition under the program below:
Title: Niger Delta Young Innovators Programme
Location: Niger Delta
- This is part of the Commission’s Niger Delta Young Innovators Programme, designed in partnership with JMP Global Resources to unveil and build great Niger Deltans of the future.
Interested youths must:
- Be between the ages of 19 – 40
- Provide copy of birth certificate or age declaration.
- Be an indigene of one of the 9 states in the Niger Delta Region
- Have a valid Nigerian passport
- Provide certificate of state of origin
- Have an invention that is unique
- Have compelling proof of ownership.
Inventions submitted must be In the following areas:
- Oil & Gas
- Agricultural Sciences
- Information Communication Technology.
A current sworn affidavit that:
- The claims of ownership made and information provided by the respondent in the submission are true and correct
- No member of staff of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has pecuniary interest in the submission;
- Neither respondent nor his/her partners (past & present) have been convicted of criminal offences relating to fraud, immigration (deportation) or financial impropriety in any court of law.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their documents in hard and editable soft copy in separate sealed envelopes clearly marked “ICT”,”Energy”,”Oil & Gas”, “Engineering”, “Agricultural Science” or “Medical / Healthcare” with Name,Address and Phone number of respondents.
Both sealed envelopes should be put in an A3 size envelope and marked “Proposal for …“ All respondents must fill the submission register while submitting documents at the Address below. All documents should be addressed to:
Executive Director, Projects,
Niger Delta Development Commission,
Plot 167, Aba Road,
- Any proposal received after the deadline for the submission stated above shall not be opened. Such proposal shall automatically be disqualified.
- Respondents should endeavour to follow the order of instruction in the submission.
- Illegible documents may lead to disqualification.
- Respondents are allowed to compete for only two out of three sectors.
- Successful respondents will be notified to present their pitch to a panel
- The decision of the panel is final
- The Commission shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the respondent in the preparation and submission of documents in connection with this advertisement.
- For more information please contact Victoria on 0811 292 2258.
Deadline: 4.pm; 11th April, 2017.