Financial Officer at a Global Media Organization
EarthSteam- Our client, a Global Media Organisation is currently seeking applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Nigeria CEO and SSA CFO.
- The purpose of this role is to lead the Finance function within a market providing financial advice and guidance to teams in support of the achievement of market revenue and profit targets.
- Advises Senior Market Management on key business decisions through sound commercial judgement highlighting options, trade-offs, risks and opportunities
- Finance leader and sponsor of growth initiatives including launch of new business units and acquisitions
- Drives closer integration of business units within market
- Embeds client profitability and excellent commercial judgement in business decision making within the market
- Tracks performance against internal targets and external best practice, making timely interventions at appropriate times
- Leads the short and long-term budgetary planning and cost management for a market in alignment with global processes
- Visibly sponsors and drives continuous improvement/change programmes throughout their implementation to achieve project benefits; maximizes usage of the Regional Operational Finance Centre
- Builds finance capabilities, tools and skills within a market on a continuing basis to increase efficiency and the value add of the Finance team across the business
- Instils a sense of operational excellence and understanding of the competitive environment across the Finance teams within a market
- Supports the Regional Operational Finance Director, as necessary, in terms of management of the ROFC, escalation/resolution of issues and adherence to SLA’s
- Owns the country level Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Ensures control and governance requirements are met within the market.
- Robust knowledge of internal control systems and implementation of such controls
- Expert level financial analysis skills
- Fluency in English and local market language
- 15+ years of experience, with 10+ years of financial management experience
- Extensive experience working and living in an international environment
- Graduate degree and/or internationally recognised finance/accounting qualification (i.e. ACA/CPA, CMA or CFA) or MBA with Finance specialism
- Business strategy
- Acquisitions and post-merger integration
- Business partnering
- New business
- Team leadership
- Experience with acquisitions and post-merger integration
- Experience with launching new businesses and changing overall business strategy
- Extensive experience of pricing and negotiation
- Experience in both IFRS and local GAAP accounting standards.
NGN 20,000,000 – NGN 25,000,000.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online