Howard University Global Initiative Nigeria (HUGIN)) Recruitment April 2017
Howard University Global Initiative Nigeria (HUGIN) – Under the auspices of the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project whose objective is to reduce the burden of HIV/AIDS in targeted areas of Nigeria through strengthened delivery of high quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS services that are sustainable for Long-term; Howard University Global Initiative Nigeria (HUGTN) leads the project effort to promote pharmacy best practices b providing technical leadership in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists capacity to provide quality HIV/AIDS, STI, and TB pharmacy services both at the health facility and community levels.
Applications are hereby invited from competent and qualified individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant will discharge his/her assignment under the guidance of the Finance Manager.
- He/She will he responsible for accounting/finance and administration for the organization and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirement of the project.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent
- CPA. ACA. CNA or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting related to local and international NGOs with increasing responsibility.
- Familiarity with CDC and USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams to produce excellent results under pressure
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to extend working hours to meet deadlines and at short notice
- The job involves at least 30% local travel at short notice.
- Ability to use key computing applications.
- The Pharmacy Specialist will work under the guidance of the Senior Pharmacy Specialist to provide technical and programmatic support in strengthening pharmacy systems and building pharmacists capacity on Best Practices in the provision of pharmaceutical care for anti-retroviral therapy, prevention of mother to child transmission and tuberculosis including inventory management and other related services at community and hospital pharmacies.
- S/he will support capacity building of pharmacy staff to deliver high quality services for HIV, TB/HIV and TB within supported health facilities and in the community.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- B.Pharm/Pharm D and at least 10 years post qualification experience and 5 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS with international pharmacy development programs or B. Pharm plus MSc/MPH in Public Health or related field, at least 7 years post qualification experience and 5 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS with international pharmacy development programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement and resume/CV as a single MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only applications sent electronically to the designated email address with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.