Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Grants Coordinator Recruitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
- NRC is looking for new Grants coordinator for our programme in Northern Nigeria. The Grants Coordinator will be responsible is to provide essential grant management support to Head of Programme in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC country strategy and Plan of Action.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Grants Coordinator reports to the Head of Programme.
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming)
- Contribute to the development, revision and quality control of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Support external donor audits
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria is an asset
- Knowledge of humanitarian donors
- Strong Writing skills
- Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination framework
- Budget development and management experience
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with People
- Communicate with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: June 2017
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 2nd May, 2017.
Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.