Job for Entry Level Production Assistant (Machine Operator) at a Leading Manufacturing Company
W-Holistic Business Solutions – Our client, a manufacturing company based in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Assistant (Machine Operator)
- Set up machines at the beginning of production to ensure proper working order.
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures.
- Monitor and troubleshoot machines during machine operation to ensure optimum running.
- Maintain, clean and calibrate machines before and after production, and perform safety checks on every machine.
- Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output.
- Follow clients’ specification(s) as directed and ensure availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
- Run machines to produce items as directed.
- Operate and maintain all types of heavy equipment.
- Translate the blueprints and dimensions on drawings to perform aligning, loading, operating, and other related tasks.
- Monitor the machine operations to see that the finished products and components aptly match with the quality and quantity constraints of the company.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out periodically, to optimize products from machines.
- Assist in repairing machines.
- Feed information to the Production Officer, akin to the condition of the machine and other equipment.
- O/L or Technical College
- 2 to 3 years work experience, with at least 1 year relevant experience
Competencies and Skills:
- Honest and accountable
- Ability to learn fast
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals
- Good knowledge of mechanical devices, and handle heavy equipment
- Ability to multitask
- Attentive to details and instructions
- Critical thinking
Deadline: 7th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (not more than 2 pages) and application Letters (including the following below), to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – ‘Application for Production Assistant (Machine Operator)’.
Application Letter should include:
- The Job Title the candidate is applying for.
- Why the applicant feels he/she is a good fit for the job
- Current Employment Status: if currently working, the applicant should state why he/she would want to leave his/her current employment.
- Achievements in previous job(s). e.g. brainstormed with colleagues to repair a new machine
- Intended contributions to proposed job (if given the job)