Job for Risk Officer at Africa Prudential Registrars Plc
Africa Prudential Registrars Plc is a technology-driven Capital Market Investment Mediator [CMIM] and a thoroughbred in share registration business in Nigeria. We have over 30 years of share registration experience in the Nigerian Capital Market and this has afforded us opportunities to participate in various offers, including IPO, Right Issue, Debenture and State Government Bonds.
We are always on the lookout for unique individuals with remarkable skill sets who are enthusiastic about making a difference and blazing the trail as we grow along. We are interested in like minds who share our corporate values of hard-work, emotional intelligence, integrity, resilience, and synergy in all the tasks they set out to do.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Officer
- The chief risk officer is the corporate executive tasked with assessing and mitigating significant competitive, regulatory and technological threats to the organization’s capital and earnings and will be accountable for the risk management operations of the company, responsible for the integration of risk concepts into strategic planning, risk identification and mitigation activities.
- To create an integrated risk framework for the entire organization
- To assess risk throughout the organization and in addition quantify risk limits
- To maintain adequate and effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program thus ensuring the organisation is in full compliance with all regulations, rules and internal policies, procedures and processes.
- Responsible for promoting risk and regulatory compliance by identifying, quantifying, reviewing, evaluating, and measuring risk to ensure that all risk categories are identified and managed in accordance with regulatory compliance and audit requirements, approved risk tolerance, risk appetite and strategic plans approved by the Board of Directors.
- To work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer, legal counsel, and various branches and departments in identifying, defining, and remediating various risk-related issues in attaining established compliance goals as directed by the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- To develop actionable plans to mitigate risks and to monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities
- To assure achievement of the company’s objectives in operational effectiveness, and efficiency.
- To advise on directing capital to projects based on risk
- To create and disseminate risk profile & risk measurements and reports to stakeholders.
- A First Degree in any discipline and preferably a master’s degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation in financial services/sector.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong knowledge of processes.
- The capital market
- ICMR regulations
- Share registration processes
- Business acumen
- Regulatory/Statutory Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Good understanding of the business and various functions in the business, business trends and key developments, excellent working knowledge of the Capital Market, SEC rules and ICMR Regulations.
Deadline: 16th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org