To heighten the implementation of its mission, our client is seeking to employ a competent candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Admin Manager
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
Start Date: As soon as the successful candidate can resume
- Provide Human Resources Leadership and Management across the company
- Lead the identification and development of improved recruitment and retention approaches
- Oversee staff development
- Develop Staff Wellbeing (because of the dynamic nature of our work)
- Oversee the administration of the company’s main office and liaise with program-based Admin Staff
- Manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails for the company
- Manage office expenses and petty cash of the office under the approval of the management
- Manage office equipment and infrastructure to ensure proper upkeep and a well-running office
- Oversee the overall running of the reception operation
- Make logistic arrangements including flights reservations, hotel and vehicle arrangement for staffs, visitors/partners, donors, consultants, volunteers and interns
- Implement procurement of stationery for staff and meetings/workshops and assets of the office
- Prepare and administer correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, and emails to partners and counterparts, donors or other related offices or agencies in relation to the office operations
- Carry out other duties such as translation works and take minutes of office meetings as requested by the supervisor
- Upkeep the filling system and manage filing of office documents in hard and electronic copies.
Human Resource Tasks
- Recommend and execute annual staff development plan for the company’s team
- Develop, advice and implement company policies, procedures, rules, regulations for employees in compliance with statutory requirements and labour law.
- Review and update all human resources policies to meet the organization’s needs
- Plan and facilitate HR activities amongst the team including contracts, recruitment, employee relations.
- Liaise with hiring mangers to develop job descriptions for current/new positions
- Upkeep the company’s organizational chart and current staff contact list
- Assist the progress of job planning and performance management
- Provide coaching and training to direct staffs on HR & Admin functions
- Establish and maintain relations with government, labor union and other related personnel and stakeholders
- Monitor, record and process employee time sheets and leave requests
- Provide support to the management on procedures and documentation regarding managing of personnel or staffing issues
- Conduct coaching and instruction sessions for staff members regarding admin and HR procedures
- Other related assignments as shall be assigned by the management.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Bachelors Degree in Business Development or other relevant degree (required) or Bachelors Degree in HR Management (preferred)
- Good communicator, able to read, write, speak and understand English – really well; & have written and spoken fluency in Khmer
- Proven leadership, motivational and mentoring skills
- Able to negotiate and think laterally
- Knows and applies solid evidence-based approaches to staff recruitment and retention, in a way that is flexible and appropriate to the level of the job
- Ability to coordinate and network effectively
- Knowledge of Nigeria Labour Law, Tax Law, and other regulations
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word processing and spreadsheets,
- Proven attention to detail
- Knowledge of Hausa language is essential
- At least 3 years experience at Senior Management level as manager of a HR team/department
- At least 5 years corporate experience in the Human Resources Department/Team
- Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Makes sound decisions and judgments
- Patient, sensitive, resilient, flexible, and demonstrates humility
- Shows initiative and is innovative
- Role-models integrity, transparency and honesty, and must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have a sense of humour
- Ability to be flexible to changing deadlines and work priorities
- Deep commitment to Hagar’s mission & core values
Salary is competitive, based on experience and negotiable.
Deadline: 12th May, 2017.
How to Apply