Latest Job at APM Terminals for Chief Operations Officer
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
- The COO role provides the leadership and direction for the complete operations, technical and IT functions of the Terminal, ensuring the highest productivity and will provide excellent service to marine and landside customers.
- This position is a member of the terminal management team, and reports to the Managing Director.
- Responsible for the execution of main global initiatives and improvements in overall operational performance.
- The incumbent will be the predominant authority in defining operational plans and be responsible for steering the course of action that determines the achievement of results in a number of areas which complement each other.
- Ensures a cost efficient operation in excess of current best practices.
- Liaises closely with shipping companies, customs agents, trucking companies, Customs, port authorities, and other statutory authorities to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Liaises closely with vendors, suppliers, external consultants, etc to ensure that divergent deliverables are met as required by the terminal
- Responsible for setting and achieving the budget for the reporting functions.
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- Ensure that the terminal adheres to APM Terminals world standards for container terminal operations.
Who we are looking for:
- The position requires a Professional Standard of Knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the Operations and associated functions as well as broad management skills.
- University degree in logistics, maritime and port, or process/industrial engineering or a marine qualification (including command of a vessel).
- Post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies.
- Minimum 10-12 years in operations management roles in container terminals or equivalent size operations.
- Minimum 3 years experience handling technical issues & negotiations with third parties
- Proven experience in cost and productivity optimization (through process optimization) as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures.
- Strong understanding of the role of innovation & IT in a container terminal environment or equivalent operational environment
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices is an added advantage.
- Proven project management skills
- To a right candidate we offer value and team-based leadership, an open and engaging working environment, and a wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth in a dynamic environment.
- This position is expected to drive subordinated positions and functions to efforts of enhancing existing operations methods of the terminal.
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the terminal’s business strategy within the limits of the role.
Deadline: 31st May, 2017.
How to Apply