Latest Job Vacancies inRecruut an Apparel and Accessories Fashion Retail Company
Recruut – Our client is an apparel and accessories fashion retailer and has over years grown into one of the biggest fast fashion retailers in Nigeria. Focusing on top quality and affordable prices for female fashion items and has equally amassed a huge community of ardent buyers for its unique service offering, is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Admin/Till Operations Supervisor
- The HR Admin/Till Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for the supervision of the team members and processes at the front end of the store.
- The individual in this role will also oversee the functions associated with cash management. The role is an entry-level supervisory position with Manager on Duty (MOD) and key carrying responsibilities.
- When the Store Manager is not present, the Supervisor is responsible for the entire store as an acting MOD. When not acting as MOD, the Admin/Till Operations Supervisor is solely responsible for supervising his/her dedicated area within the store.
- This Team Member has to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- This position impacts the company by leading the department and the store to success with integrity and drive to get the job done thoroughly
Essential Job Functions
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing at the till and training the other team members for exceptional customer service.
- Manage high checkout speed and accuracy by ensuring adequate lines are being managed, and break schedule does not contain gaps in coverage.
- Ensure all Team Members are coached to provide excellent service by smiling and saying “Thank You” during each register transaction.
- Perform advanced transactions such as price adjustments, refunds and exchanges.
- Answer telephones with great etiquette and voice tone.
- Trains and coaches all Team Members to drive reward card signups in order to meet company expectations.
- Conduct new Team Member on-boarding and register training
- Supervise, oversee, and assist Team Members and Front End Specialists with Front End functions.
- Ensure that all maintenance and recovery standards are being followed per Standard Operating Procedures, specifically at the cash/payment area.
- Drive sales to meet company expectations.
- Manages compliance of weekly activities to ensure completion.
- Ensure all Work Opportunity/employment forms are attended to within 30 days of the Team Member’s hire date.
- Order the front end area, office supplies, break room supplies and restroom materials within the defined supply budget.
- Perform timely cash reconciliation prior to store opening, counting cash register drawers and prepare tills to go into register.
- Track cash variances and report to Store Manager.
- Handles all payroll responsibilities per Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accurate payroll reporting every week.
- Assist Store Manager with writing the weekly store schedule for all Team Members.
- Responsible for entering weekly information on the attendance tracker for all Team Members and keeping the information up to date.
- Assist Store Manager in writing Progressive Disciplinary Record (PDR) for Team Members who have cash variances and/or attendance violations, as needed.
- Maintain personnel files to HR Standard Operating Procedures.
- May assist Store Manager with screening and interviewing potential candidates.
- Manage and approve petty cash decisions.Ensure proper filing of all store invoices.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on the Store Expectations Checklist and Loss Prevention Audit related to job function.
- Comply with and strictly enforce all company’s policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- University Degree or Equivalent
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Previous cash handling or office management experience preferred.
- Previous customer service/HR personnel experience in a service experience organization.
- Computer skills required.(Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel)
- Strong verbal and communication skills required.
- Experience with fashion retail preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask while leading a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and engage customers.
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The company is seeking to hire an experienced and goal driven Managing Director.
- The role will require a combination of strong Commercials, Operations, Sales and Marketing skills, Finance, General Business Management as well as Human Capital Knowledge for a Shipping and Logistics firm.
- Responsible to oversee the entire business Include upcountry divisions and accounting and reports directly to the MD/CEO
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the company’s objectives and financial objectives
- Researches and analyses industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategic decisions
- Creates initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximize core strengths to grow the company’s business
- Build and maintain an effective executive team with the key business managers towards achieving the corporate objective of the company
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, and business development, commercial, operations
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not onlyunderstood but owned by the management and other employees.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets
- Co-ordinates in-depth analysis, follow up on key customers and work closely in concert with all Business Managers
- Representing the company to key / major customers and professional associations
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred and any other certification within the Shipping & Logistics Industry
- Not less than 5 years in Executive Management capacity in a Freight Forwarding company
- Experience with commercial management and bidding is key
- Project Management for Oil & Gas projects is also required
- Knowledge in offshore Marine Support logistics and Nigeria Ports Operations (45-55 years of age will be ideal)
- Leadership abilities
- Analytical skills
- Strategic thinking
- Critical thinking abilities
- Complex problem solving
- Effective decision making
- Project management
- Productivity management
- Business development
- Management experience is a requirement
- Visionary leadership
- Ability to motivate a workforce
- Effective management and delegation
- Communication and negotiation
- PR and presentation skills
- Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
- Strong financial acumen
- Planning and forecasting
- In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments.
Job Title: Order Processing/Warehouse Supervisor
- S/he is responsible for performing general warehousing duties in support of the retail store.
- Also responsible for the stock replenishment of the retail store.
- These duties include loading, unloading, order fulfillment, verifying/documenting receipts and shipments, inspecting orders, stocking, store replenishment, forklift operation, inventory control and reconciliation.
- Under limited supervision, S/he supervises the activities of the Order Processing Dept to include training, supervising, and problem solving to insure efficient flow of orders through the Order Processing Department.
- Helps the department meets customer lead time requirements and ensures the accuracy of the orders.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the department to effectively process items schedules into accurate and easily understood production orders.
- Provides training, direction and guidance to department personnel.
- Ensures proper documentation of all departmental activities, conversations, etc. with customers, suppliers
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Provides support to Order Processing in event of customer problems or issues requiring a higher level of intervention.
- Assist in the resolution of Customer complaints as needed. Develops documentation and provides support when required to resolve complaints.
- Tracks and coordinates department activity and ensure that staffing and scheduling efficiently accomplish departmental goals in a cost effective manner.
- Helping to co-ordinate everything, from initial storage to shop dispatches and managing both people and the overall process, the ideal candidate must be an organizing machine
Other activities involved for this role:
- Overseeing the receipt and storage of incoming items
- Processing orders and planning the dispatching of products
- Monitoring space and tracking stock levels
- Setting aside storage areas for new stock
- Planning rotas
- Meeting productivity targets
- Maintaining computerized admin (in spreadsheet form)
- Maintaining automated storage and retrieval systems
- Ensuring security arrangements are in place
- Scheduling equipment maintenance and replacing when required
- Ensuring items are stocked correctly and safely
Education and/or Experience:
- University Degree or equivalent
- Experience leading a team in a retail warehouse environment preferred
- Experience with back of house retail operations with knowledge of proper handling of clothing or fashion items preferred
- Quick assimilation of surrounding.
- The ideal candidate must be able to understand how to utilize and make best use of the warehouse floor and storage units
Job Title: Fashion Retail Associate
- The Retail Associate is responsible for ensuring customers have a positive shopping experience.
- The Associate must actively strive to create a customer-focused shopping environment.
- The Associate welcomes customers with a friendly greeting and eye contact, ensures proper merchandise presentation, operates the cash register in accordance with policies and procedures, maintains a clean work area at all times and treats fellow associates with courtesy and respect.
- The Associate also provides customer service according to all customer service guidelines.
- The Associate may be required to work in various store functions including but not limited to Cash Office, Front End, Fitting Room, Stock Room, Customer Service, Markdowns, Recovery/Sizing, Cashiering, Merchandising, etc.
- The Retail Associate is expected to be engaged in these tasks as assigned during all working hours, and will be expected to perform a range of functions in all areas of the store as business needs require.
- The Associate may be requested to perform additional tasks in specific situations, if performance of these tasks will help achieve our customer service and operational goals.
- Demonstrates TRUE courtesy, respect, friendliness, and professionalism at all times.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to customers at all times. Understands Customer Service as a number one priority and responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of the Supervisory Staff when needed.
- Takes accurate markdowns, counts and inventories as scheduled.
- Cross-performs in all assigned areas to ensure that merchandise sizing, ticketing and presentation are to company standards. This includes processing and bringing new receipts to the sales floor using company best practices and meeting productivity standards, merchandising all items to the Sales floor presentation Guide and maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments to assist customers.
- Performs daily recovery and light cleaning tasks to ensure a neat, clean and organized store.
- Assist customers in any way necessary – register-trained, assist customers with merchandise, answers customer questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner.
- Greets all customers with a smile and “hello” throughout the store as well as saying “thank you” with every register transaction. Processes register transactions following company best practices and meeting productivity standards.
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with associates and customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and customer contact on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
- Maintains a safe working and shopping environment for associates and customers. Reports any unsafe conditions or practices to store management; follows company best practices to minimize risk, losses to the company, and/or theft.
- Understands and can implement all emergency procedures for power failure, fire, robbery etc.
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock policies, including the identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece and the notification of store management to review and approve all disposals.
- Understands all policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders.
- Follows all policies related to associate purchases.
- Follows company scheduling and timekeeping policies and practices.
- A university degree or equivalent
- A good understanding/Knowledge of fashion retail service
- Effectively communicate with customers, associates and Supervisory Staff in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner, whether it be in person, by phone or in writing.
- Ability to use all store equipment, including registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to regularly reach above shoulders and overhead
- Ability to use cleaning equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
Job Title: Floor Sales Supervisor
- The Floor Sales Supervisor is part of the store management team and is responsible for the daily planning, organisation and follow up of all sales floor activities within the store.
- The Sales floor supervisor will aid the Store Manager/Assistant Manager in the day to day operations of the store as may be designated and will need the confidence to motivate and inspire the team to maximize the stores sales performance.
- The Floor Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the store.
- As a Floor Manager, you drive your business through motivating and challenging your team to provide exceptional service and create lasting relationships with each of their customers.
- Through hands-on experience and insightful mentorship, this role provides the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in all aspects of our business.
- You will make an impact by:
- Growing our business through exceptional sales and customer service
- Driving operational excellence
- Identifying and communicating business opportunities
- Leading smart and positive change
The Ideal Candidate
- As a growing professional, challenge and opportunity excite you. You seek the challenge of jumping right in, learning from the ground up and working alongside exceptional talent.
- In addition, you are:
- Experienced in retail management
- Passionate about the fashion industry
- Astute with common sense and quick on your feet
- Confident in fast-paced, customer-eccentric environments
- At Recruut we know that great people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our client’s culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
- Advancement: our client is growing and expanding, quite simply opportunities are abundant – take your pick!
- Education: To ensure you are the best at what you do
- Compensation: Pay is driven by individual performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks
- Connection: Be surrounded by the best talent from across the globe driven by passion of a common goal
- A minimum of 1-3 years in a leadership/supervisory position
- Fashion-retail Knowledgeable with relevant experience in visual merchandising
- Ability to empower and develop a team
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team
- Ability to execute plans and strategies
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards