Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide
access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Senior Corporate Counsel, Pfizer Essential Health (PEH) Legal
- The attorney filling this role will be responsible for counseling PEH’s Global Marketing team, focusing on supporting leadership within Ambulatory Care, Critical Care, Customer Engagement and Centers of Excellence.
- This critical work will include supporting and coordinating global initiatives for the top 40+ brands within PEH related to marketing, medical regulatory, safety, litigation and business development.
- This attorney will also be the lead counsel for Pfizer’s wholly-owned subsidiary Greenstone LLC (Greenstone), serving in a leadership capacity for this organization and providing strategic counsel on the operation of the business. Substantive areas will include advising on commercial, customer and business transactions, advertising and promotion, and anti-kickback and fraud and abuse.
- Finally, the attorney will be primary legal point of contact for the PEH4GOOD team and provide advice on access initiatives and complex commercial arrangements, including subsidy, supply and purchase agreements.
- This individual must handle highly complex and critical matters with a high degree of independence and be highly capable and well-suited to working in a matrix environment to optimize client service.
- Admission to practice law in US
- Demonstrated experience advising senior commercial leaders
- Minimum 10 years practicing law
- Extensive transactional experience advising clients on and negotiating complex business agreements
- Strategic and proactive. Anticipates needs and able to prioritize quickly without explicit guidance. Attentive to detail and sensitive to unable and subtleties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experiences in communication and interacting with senior leaders and across geographies and cultures
- Possesses a high energy level, sense of urgency, creativity, decisiveness, and ability to work well independently or in a team and under pressure
- Demonstrated problem solving, project management and analytic skills
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and acumen
- Knowledge of and familiarity with pharmaceutical advertising and promotional considerations is desirable
- Able to understand and operate effectively in the Pfizer organization, particularly the matrix structure and enabling functions and business units
- Proven ability to manage high volume workload and resolve pressing needs while tracking progress towards longer term goals
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Operate as the lead counsel for the assigned marketed and/or investigational pharmaceutical products in the PEH portfolio
- Understand the strategic and tactical objectives of the commercial teams served and develop creative and thoughtful solutions to key initiatives, taking into account current legal and regulatory landscapes, Pfizer policies and procedures and the current and future needs of the clients
- Responsible for support of marketing, sales, medical and clinical research support, including:
- Advertising and promotion and all product communication strategies
- Healthcare law compliance
- Risk assessment and mitigation planning
- Ongoing compliance monitoring
- Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice and counsel to the General Manager of Greenstone and this organization’s leadership team, proactively identifying areas of risk and opportunity
- Support Greenstone leaders to develop and implement operational plans and priorities in support of PEH vision and goals, including participating in operational and planning teams
- Advise and train Greenstone colleagues on transactions with Greenstone’s wholesale, retail, and GPO customers, giving consideration to contracting, anti-trust, fraud and abuse, and government contracting laws and regulations, as well as Pfizer’s and industry policies
- Collaborate with manufacturing, regulatory and international legal colleagues to provide comprehensive legal advice and mitigate risk.
- Work closely with PEH Legal colleagues to coordinate legal advice and ensure optimized client service
- Provide legal advice on new business models, business development models, and in association with various partnerships and other commercial arrangements, in each case, with respect to the assigned marketed and/or investigational pharmaceutical products in the PEH portfolio
- Ensure compliance with legal policies and procedures, controls and statutory requirements within relevant business areas
- Advise and train Greenstone colleagues on the advertising and promotion of the Greenstone portfolio.
- Act as primary legal contact for PEH4GOOD, advising on access initiatives involving complex subsidy, procurement, and a supply agreements.
- Promote a culture of collaboration; working proactively and seamlessly with other colleagues to leverage collective Pfizer resources across the Division and BU and enterprise to create value to Pfizer
Note: When the page opens, select your preferred location from the drop down menu and click on Search e.g Select “Africa – Nigeria, then click Search”
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 2nd June, 2017.