Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) – Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) which started in August 2014 is a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross River and Ebonyi states. The project works with LGAs, communities, households and families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities. LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of “Mitigating the Impact of HIV/AIDS on Children and Households” The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including, People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki Succour and Development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV).
The project is seeking for the services of a seasoned professional to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- The role of the Finance Officer is to assist the Managing Director in providing complete financial services as dictated by HIFASS Broad program operating contractual obligations, donor requirement and Nigerian regulations.
- S/He will administer and maintain comprehensive reporting and budgeting systems. Provide HIFASS management and other partnering organizations with timely financial information to enable all levels to make timely operational decisions.
- These services may include, but are not limited to, appropriated dollar funds available for administration and technical program purposes, budget preparations, financial reporting & control, forecasting and analysis, income management, financial reporting to partners, annual accounts preparation, payroll management, staff salary evaluation & development.
- This also includes covering a variety of payment activities with respect to: employees’ salaries, allowances and deductions, sub grants and other funds as required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage HIFASS-LOPIN 3 Main Accounts;
- Work with HR Manager to process staff payroll, remit taxes and make other statutory/government contributions;
- Monitor lodgement of HIFASS-LOPIN 3 advance from USAID and post same into Quickbooks;
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the programme manager;
- Liaise the day to day banking transactions including cash deposit and withdrawals;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all accounting files, track and follow -up on advances and ensure timely reconciliations;
- Maintain adequate filing storage and retrieval systems
- Post various transactions into Quickbooks and perform monthly Bank Reconciliation;
- Develop and maintain a compensation structure and benefit policy which support the organization’s goals and financial strategy;
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as annual filings, donor monthly/quarterly/annual reports, inventory lists, etc;
- Provide support to staff as regards finance issues and assisting internal/external auditors with queries.
- Check all expense supporting documentation to ensure compliance with organisation policies and related law, prior to obtaining approvals and payment processing
- Assist to manage annual audit exercise and periodic Financial Reviews;
- Ensure compliance to all the provisions of guidelines regarding financial management and sub contract;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirement: Degree or Higher degree in Accountancy or related discipline. Experience in administrative support, posting financial data to ledgers, preparing invoices, billings and/or vouchers, reviewing and maintaining account balances.
- Must be an Associate Member of ICAN or ACCA or other relevant Professional qualifications.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of 3- 5 years post NYSC, previous experience working with NGOs and International Donor-Funded program will also be added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Excellent Reporting Skills;
- Ability to use Spreadsheet and Data Base Softwares and Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (preferably QuickBooks);
- Strong Budgeting and Financial Analysis Skill;
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars;
- Knowledge of Auditing principles and practices;
- Attention to detailed and ability to meet deadlines;
- Maintain high level of Confidentiality.
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- Maintain the office operations by, receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; picking-up and delivering items;
- Perform receptionist duties by serving customers,
- Photocopying documents and other duties as assigned.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and communications in a timely manner to appropriate channel
- Prepare outgoing letters/correspondents for dispatch
- Assist the Director Admin to maintain a filing system and file all correspondences
- Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
- Direct all visitors to the appropriate staff member or office
- Coordinate and organize department activities and functions like meetings, trainings etc and set up rooms and equipment to be used
- Run work related errands( Banks, photocopies, etc)
- Responsible for stock, issuance and tracking stock level
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Any other duties as assign.
- HND/Bsc in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies.
- Other specification: Candidates must be in Batch A-Stream 1 2017.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Proven experience as an office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems (ERP software)
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of inventory.
Deadline:21st June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and Resume to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” and additional certificates that supports or addresses the requirements listed for the position to: email@example.com
Note: Please submit all attachments in Word or PDF formats (Cover Letter and Resume as a single file). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.