Senior Human Resource Big Data Productivity Analyst at African Development Bank (AfDB)
African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Big Data Productivity Analyst
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50069138
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Human Resources Management Department is to develop and implement Human Resource Management policies and strategies that enable the Bank to attract, recruit, develop, retain and maintain a high quality, performing and productive workforce.
- In order to create a truly transformed HR structure, the CHHR Department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/ Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach all in alignment to enable the Bank to be an ‘Employer of Choice’.
- The HR Big Data and Productivity Analyst will develop, create, review, analyze and calculate Human Resources historical and statistical data on all aspects of staffing, recruitment, separations and reports to be used by HR Management and Senior Management in order to improve Human Resources Policy, Staffing, Budget Planning and HR productivity, and to address the Bank’s People Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Director CHHR and the HR Lead Operations Officer, the HR Big Data and Productivity Analyst will:
- Support the human resources function in the rears of people metrics, reporting and advanced and predictive analysis.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of HR analytics.
- Responsible of for the design and implementation of self – services reporting tools and data management that reflects the complexity of multiple separate and unique networks inconsistent as well as inconsistent business.
- Assist in the preparation of CHHR metrics and dashboard approved internally or by Senior Management (SMCC) and presented to the Board.
- Monitor HR Metrics by analyzing huge data and issue approximate reports and recommendations.
- Create, analyze and revise statistical tables on HR Action Plans for staff acquisition, staff training and development, talent management, staff relations, staff movement etc. for all staff regardless of their contractual status with the Bank (Regular staff, STS, Project staff, Technical Assistance Personnel (Technical Assistants and Secondees), Interns, Young Professionals and Consultants as well as develop and revise comparative tables on staffing movements through a given period.
- Perform analysis of big data on compensation and benefits, staffing ratios, succession planning and case management.
- Develop and revise historical and statistical tables of Bank Staff distribution by country, region, gender, grade, Department and skills mix in liaison with the HR Talent Management Team and extract specific data upon Management’s request.
- Calculate the ratio of Support Staff to Management and Professionals.
- Develop comparative tables on staff geographical distribution and individual country shares.
- Develop and review a detailed list of all Staff movements (departures, transfers/reassignments, promotion) by name, country, grade, function and reason.
- Establish and maintain statistical records, data and cost analysis on Bank wide consultant contracting.
- Extract from various sources and in both English and French, develop analytical and statistical tables and documents that reflect current recruitment status.
- Draft in English or French monthly reports on recruitment activities and staffing situations based on analyzed data.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by extracting, developing, analyzing and revising historical and/or statistical data on staffing or recruitment and staff turnovers and write replies in response to inquiries or requests from Management and Senior Management.
- Review all staffing dates provided by CHHR2 Master Data for insertion in the Bank’s annual report.
- Identify areas of needs for improvements of HR Reports in view of permanently optimizing the efficiency and reliability of the use of HR Data.
- Initiate and/or participate in projects reinforcing the deliverables and effectiveness of the HR Reports.
- Develop training materials relating to HR reports, IT applications and train users in liaison with CHHR3 and CHIS.
- Undertake feasibility studies and requirements analysis to justify and support the development of new and enhanced reports or KPIs. Assist in the development of new enhancements/new functionality of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Assist, in the planning, organization and control of HR-related reports or IT development projects, perform initial testing of problem fixes, change requests, enhancement assessments and make recommendations
- Compile and maintain statistical records on HR integrated action plans.
- Advance the use of complex analytical techniques.
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets using analytic features.
- Lead the interpretation of human data in order to identify significant differences, relationships and trends in data as well as factors that could affect the results of research. Report results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts and tables.
- Develop own, and optimize exiting HR reports (e.g. HR scorecard, HR functions dashboard etc.) to drive meaningful business results.
- Manipulate and analyse large datasets using analyses features of multiple tools
- Provide leadership in the identification and description of reporting required to make HR investment and talent management decisions and recommendation regarding the creation of analytical reports to achieve clients, programs and business objectives for resources mobilization.
- Summarize written findings, publicize results and participate and share with senior management in CHHR.
- Develop predictive models for attrition, high performance and recruiting demand.
- Analyse the organisational trends in all HR matters to ensure that they are in compliance with best practices and make recommendation to the Director or HR Lead Operations Office where necessary.
- Recommend bespoke solutions to enhance HR productivity by providing quality analyses and statistics reports.
- Participate in defining the HR action plan including talent management, staff planning and development and support to the Complex and Regional Director Generals through HRBPs and HR Operations Assistants.
- Ensure to make good use of the integrated HR Action Plans and initiatives.
- In liaison with CHHR Division Managers particularly CHHR2, ensure that HR processes, procedures and tools are in line with the Bank’s DBDM, and further identify efficiency gaps, opportunities, propose and participate in the design and the introduction of improvement programmes in order to reach and further exceed CHHR standards.
- Maintain and nurture good communication within the CHHR0 front office and the rest of the team on matters relating huge Data Analyst and the Bank’s productivity.
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s control and reporting procedures, inform the CHHR Director and HR Lead Operations Manager on the incumbent’s findings (current and anticipated issues) and propose solutions to address them.
- Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks with other organizations.
- Participate on cross – functional project teams and provide guidance and trainings to team.
Including desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Quantitative methods, Finance, Business Management, Information Technology/system or mathematical field such as statistics, Accounting, Operations research, actuarial sciences, applied mathematics or related disciplines.
- A professional qualification in Accounting, Statistics, and IT (SAP) or in Organizational Effectiveness will be an added value.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience in a similar position with exposure to HR management integrated systems.
- Experience in an accounting or audit firm
- Demonstrated ability to build complex statistical models needed to understand issues at a detailed level and forecast impact of change
- Strong reporting experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of personal Administration and Organizational Management principles.
- Strong understanding of HR big data analysis and interpretation with ability to communicate to non-experts complex statistical concepts in written and verbal manner.
- Understanding of business insight and HR strategy.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure: ability to be multi-tasking, compile, organize and prioritize under pressure with minimal supervision within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Have a high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired: anticipate problems and opportunities to recommend solutions.
- Ability to conceive and implemented HR Metrics.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary team
- Capacity to initiate and manage innovations and changes.
- High level skills in communication, negotiation and project management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge and a good mastery of spread sheets, database software and related tools.
- Ability to multi-task, compile, organize and prioritize under pressure with minimal supervision within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Have a strong sense of rigor and accuracy, be proactive in implementing control and verification activities
- Have a high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Good knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools).
- Knowledge of SAP or other systems used in the HR Information systems of the Bank would be an asset.
- It would be desirable to be highly skilled in SAP and any HRIS software.
Deadline: 19th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online