Technical Superintendent Vacancy at Topaz Energy and Marine
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Superintendent
- To manage in the most cost effective and efficient way, the repairs, maintenance and general upkeep of the vessels under his charge and to ensure their compliance with all the local and International rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Company’s Safety, quality and environmental management systems are followed and enforced at all times and personally demonstrate and promote a positive safety culture within the organization.
- Ensure compliance where appropriate with Company Policy and procedures in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO18001:2007 Standards
- Work closely with the QHSSE Manager to ensure implementation and on-going compliance with Company & Client Procedures. Assist with internal and external audits of vessels owned, managed or operated by the region.
- Undertake regular inspections and presentations on Company owned and managed vessels as per annual QHSSE Plan, schedule and compile reports accurately indicating vessels current equipment, machinery, structural and operational status.
- Carry out Accident/Incident investigation as required and give recommendations for effective close out.
- Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the vessels under his responsibility. This includes overseeing the daily maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey scheduling, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking when required.
- Ensure Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Ensure the assigned vessels are fully operational technically or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirements.
- To maintain the classification status of the vessels under his charge and to ensure that the survey status reports are sent to the vessels on a monthly basis.
- Support and monitor on-board Planned Preventive Maintenance to ensure cost effective management and effective implementation of this function.
- Ensure that Vessels Planned maintenance system (Engine Dept.) is being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company’s QA system.
- Budget responsibility for technical elements of the assigned vessels.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of vessel anchor handling machinery, winches, cranes and other fixed equipment on board.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation and certification of 3rd party equipment on the vessels, such as Diving, ROV and other temporary equipment.
- Liaise with Vessel Masters and Chief Engineers as required and providing technical advice and assistance when necessary.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure that the rates are most economical.
- Co-ordinate and supervise service repairs, utilizing approved sub-contractors as required and ensure all such repairs are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner and within the vessel’s set operational budget.
- In conjunction with the Regional Technical/Operations Manager and CTS Fleet Technical Superintendents, assist in the preparation of individual vessel dockings, survey’s, budgets and plans.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding a vessel repair / docking is updated in the PMS system.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance.
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner. Report to Operations Manager when delays have the potential to impact on vessels operational capabilities. Ensure minimum spare requirements are met.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections and submit reports.
- Responsible for the control and updating of the vessel Technical Library (ship’s plans and drawings) as required.
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times.
- Oversee and give input to prepare tender documents including establishing costs/budgets/programs and be part of subsequent bid/tender evaluations
- Contribute to the appraisal and selection of repair yards and technical service providers.
- Carry out appraisals of Chief Engineers on board his vessel at end of their contract.
- Maintain high technical knowledge and ensure personal development through training and self-development.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Participate in annual review and evaluate projects to determine success and how improvements can be made in the future report and present findings.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Engineering degree/diploma in mechanics/electromechanical engineering
- Minimum 2-3 shore experience in a similar position or 2+ years sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer.
- Experience on AHTS / Offshore Supply / Offshore Tug / Dive Support Vessels / PSV or Construction Vessels.
- DP vessel experience will be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Planned Maintenance System or Project Management Software
- STCW Certificates must be valid at all times
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft office incl. MS Projects and CAD
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative analytic and problem solving skills.
How to Apply