Nielsen Company is a global leader in measurement and information and we believe in providing our clients with a precise understanding of the consumer. We give insights into what consumers buy and watch to a multitude of our clients including Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Google, Diageo, Coca Cola and others.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Operational Controlling Executive (Finance Operations)
- Support all aspects of local controlling and accounting in the local market. Assist with the coordination of activities between Operational Controlling, Revenue Controlling and Business Finance. Support the local core finance processes.
- Support the local controllership function and local Operational Controlling team; provide financial oversight on the local business
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following by leveraging both onshore and offshore resources:
- US-GAAP accounting/closing, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Financial closing and consolidation
- Procure-to-pay functions (invoice & payment processing, T&E, etc)
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Support compliance with all relevant global, regional or local policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support change locally with regard to standardization and simplification initiatives as governed by the Global or Regional COE core teams or by Finance leadership
- Support in producing monthly closing dashboard, and quarterly and year-end reporting packs in accordance with corporate requirements for the local market
- Support Operational Controller to maintain internal controls and SOX documentation and ensure effective control environment through active coordination with the Group Controller and the Global and Regional COE core teams
- Support the Operational Controller during local internal audit and compliance review assignments, including any SOX or distributed audits
- Assist with the maintenance of local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Assist in the statutory and tax accounting and audit processes and act as the single point of contact for external auditors and/or tax and statutory authorities or consultants.
Measurement (key indicators this role would be responsible for):
- Leadership: Curious, Collaborative, Inclusive, Proactive, Accountable, Committed
- Financial: Global COE and Internal Control metrics, Internal and External Audit observations, Adherence to closing deadlines
- Values: Open, Connected, Useful, Personal.
- Work closely with Finance Team, Client Service , Operations and Commercial teams
- Work with Operational Controller on processes and compliance
- Partner with Operational Controller and team (closing cut-off dates, journals, supporting documentation )
- Legal/Contracts Administration locally (if applicable)
- Link in with Consolidation teams on closing schedule, accounting services, and consolidated accounts, with focus on numbers making sense
- Internal & External Audits
- Shared Service Centre
- External Auditors or Consultants
- A succesful Operational Controller Executive will support a balanced execution of all core and continous finance operational activities between the local environment and regional organization.
- She/he will have met all controllership metrics and ensured solid controls are in place and functioning.
Education & Training (preferred or required degrees, academic and/or professional training, or certification)
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Local or international Accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, ACMA, or other) preferred
- Fluency in English and local language mandatory; third regional language preferred
Experience (preferred or required technical, functional and/or leadership experience):
- Relevant professional experience in accounting or financial controlling
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with US-GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) preferred
- IT-PC literate (Google for Work, Microsoft Office)
- External audit or public accounting experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, team player, leadership traits.