Wakanow.com is Africa’s leading, full-service online travel company. At Wakanow, we understand that everyone likes easy and affordable travel services, so we provide our customers with a one-stop booking portal for Flights, Hotels, Visa Assistance, Holiday Packages, Airport Transfers, an international Travel SIM, a Prepaid Travel Card, a Loyalty program, and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lead Front End Developer
Job Opening ID: WKN/33/JB
- We are looking for a seasoned Front-End Web Developer who is motivated and deadline-driven to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new and enhance existing user-facing features
- Optimise application front end for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to improve usability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and trends
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Good knowledge of ASP.NET MVC
- Good experience of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient implementation of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Understanding of OOP
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience integrating with REST APIs.
Deadline: 29th July, 2017.