Training and Volunteer Coordinator at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training and Volunteer Coordinator
- CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the USAID funded Feed the Future Nigeria and Nestle Maize Quality Improvement Partnership (M-QIP) project.
- This project will focus on enhancing the quality and safety of maize and soybeans in the Kaduna State by reducing aflatoxin and other contaminants.
- The Training and Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for one of three zones within the Kaduna State that oversees the training and technical knowledge of 40 volunteer trainers that provide support to farmers, input suppliers, and grain aggregators in mitigating aflatoxin and other contaminant levels.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Technical Advisor and is based in Kaduna.
Specific duties include:
- Support implementation of project activities within the assigned region, with specific attention to achievement of planned projects impacts, in line with project documents and donor standards;
- Ensure that the volunteer trainers delivery quality and accurate trainings to beneficiaries at all time and regularly assess their knowledge and abilities and provide support where needed;
- Conduct regular GIS mapping activities that monitor aflatoxin and other contaminant levels in their assigned areas using approved testing techniques;
- Maintain regular communication flows with project beneficiaries and volunteer trainers to assess progress, challenges, successes, and divergence from planned activities;
- Ensure proper and valid data collection from project beneficiaries to support monitoring and evaluation;
- Facilitate the delivery of training and technical assistance to volunteer trainers and beneficiaries per guidance from the Senior Technical Advisor;
- Facilitate and participate in training events scheduled in the assigned region;
- Lead site visits, provide relevant information and conduct presentations on assigned projects for M-QIP management, USAID and Nestle representatives, other interested parties, etc. as requested;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Nigerian National;
- Previous experience working in northern Nigeria, or specifically Kaduna state strongly preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree or Higher National Diploma in Agronomy, or a closely related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required, previous work with USAID or other international donor funded programs preferred;
- Experience conducting trainings and managing field activities;
- Familiarity with agricultural extension and value chain development;
- Familiarity with GPS mapping and tagging and other GIS topics;
- Knowledge of aflatoxin mitigation techniques at the production, harvest, post-harvest, and storage stage preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Oral and written fluency in Hausa and English mandatory.
Deadline: 21st July, 2017.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the words “Nigeria Training and Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.