Machineyard.com.ng, is a small team of industry stakeholders dedicated to helping you secure all your heavy equipment needs. Whether you are a heavy equipment dealer intending to hire or sell your equipment, a contractor looking for equipment for a project, an agent looking to advertise on behalf of a company Machineyard is here to serve you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The Credit Manager is directly in charge of all processes related to the Company’s Credit Management.
- 5 years of professional experience in a bank or in a financial department of an international company
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint and email applications
- Knowledgeable of SAP or use of similar ERP
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively.
- Organize and document Credit Committee (CC) meetings to enable credit approvals
- Propose, validate and monitor payment instruments/guarantees
- Assess Customer credit through access to all relevant database available, and document and archive assessment
- Monitor and approve customer limits and collections in line with credit policy
- Weekly reporting of Credit Sales: outstanding balance, new credit, credit that matured, payments, aging report
- Maintain the ERP with the credit limits of the credit customers
- Liaise with Debt recovery agents in conjunction with Legal officers
- Initiate the process of Bank Guarantee recall with Legal officers
- Ensure communication and implementation of CC decision
- Draft Credit Sales Policy for review / approval of (CC), propose potential improvements
- Raise warning when limits achieved and initiate action as per policy
- Monthly reporting to Head of Sales and Head of Finance