BGI Energy Services Limited (formerly known as Broad Global Investment Ltd) was incorporated in 1991, aiming at curbing the technical deficiencies and hitches in construction, measurement, calibration & standardization, measuring facilities and instruments in the oil and gas sector. BGI has since diversified to become an Oil & Gas engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning company taking on the world’s toughest challenges in engineering and construction in the oil and gas sectors to project management and professional training services.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Archiving Officer
- Responsible for records management and archive conservation; assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing valuable collections of records/ files.
- Evaluate records for preservation and retention (some may be fragile and need careful handling, repair or conservation).
- Arrange the acquisition and retrieval of records.
- Prepare record-keeping systems and procedures for archive, research and for the retention or destruction of records.
- Catalogue collections and manage information and records.
- Respond to personal, telephone, email and written enquiries from members of the public and other users.
- Identify ways of protecting and preserving records/documents.
- Evaluate, select, retrieve and arrange materials/ documents.
- Answer enquiries relating to archive and documents.
- Provide reference services for users needing archived documents.
- Reserve records as necessary and sort file according to ranges.
- Monitor and track in-coming and outgoing files.
- Physically confirm number of files in archive periodically.
- Degree or Equivalent in Library Science, Information Science or a related course.
- IT -compliant.
- Previous experience in the range of 1-10+ years
Job Title: Expediter
- Convert purchase requisitions and inventory requisitions to purchase order
- Experience working in an expeditor role
- Expedite all orders until booked in and closed out.
- Monitor vendor invoices.
- Negotiate price and delivery for the procurement of materials, equipment and major engineering packages
- Post order management including liaison with Expediting and Inspection
- Engage suppliers on performance issues
- Among other duties within procurement
- Must have previous experience working in a Buyer or Expediting position.
- Candidates should possess relevant Degree Qualification
Job Title: Building/Civil Engineer
- Supervise civil construction activities
- Ensure implementation / execution of SOPs of various kind of civil works
- Verify drawings from designers and contractors and supervise implementation
- Prepare reports from site investigations including data analysis and present recommendations
- Verify materials’ quality and quantity required
- Ensure safety is adhered to and manage safety compliance from laborers
- Work closely and manage relationships with designers, contractors and other stakeholders
- Oversee hiring of medium and lower medium contractors to execute tasks
- Supervise post construction work such as painting and finishing
- Implement facilities management plans such as plumbing and maintenance
- Coordinate on-site weekly meetings
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Building Technology
- M.Sc. is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering Software.
Job Title: Accountant
- Maintaining daily accounts.
- Providing right accounting support to their seniors.
- Suggesting better work performance ideas to their seniors.
- Dealing with financial and accounting irregularities.
- Preparing the required accounting reports and submitting them to concerned authorities.
- Make sure all the records are up to date and given tasks are completed within financial deadlines.
- Taking care of taxation issues and preparing taxation reports.
- Taking care of the accuracy of the records and transactions.
- To help with monthly closings and preparing monthly/annual financial statements
- Dealing with Tax Authorities to close out audits
- Dealing with IT, management and others (both internally and externally) to source the required information
- Applicants should have the required degree qualification and minimum 3 relevant years /similar experience in the required field and be ICAN/ACCA qualified
- They should have strong written and oral communication skills, numerical skills, skills to work in a team, and the efficiency to manage all the work in required time.
- To be successful in this field they need to have thorough knowledge of accounting process and accounting software.
Job Title: Contracts Analyst
- Review and provide drafting suggestions in relation to contracts, scopes of work, and amendments/variations prepared by Sourcing Professionals all in consultation with Contract Specialist;
- Leverage contract language between Business Units serviced by client Procurement;
- Ensure that safety and procurement standards are addressed in contracts in order to meet and exceed minimum Business Unit and client expectations;
- Utilizes procurement workflow system (“Ariba”) to initiate, assign and track contract review and execution process steps;
- Maintain a log of workflow on an internal database (“WIP”), monitoring progress during contract negotiation and trace contract status.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- 3 years’ experience in contract management, procurement and/or business operations;
- A team player; attention to detail; personal drive and integrity;
- Strong contract drafting skills;
- Paralegal/drafting skills.
Job Title: Inventory Officer
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of material management which includes; storage of mainly construction materials, merchandise, items, etc.,
- Responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate
- Monitor the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse.
- Prepare weekly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc
- Liaise with procurement on expected goods and reconciliation of stock received.
- Ensure the integrity of Inventory management system, notification of low level stock items and recommendation for order.
- Make adequate storage space for incoming stock items and proper arrangement for offloading of goods.
- Dispense stock from storage by measuring, counting and/or cutting requested amounts
- Accurate / complete approval documentation for all goods issued/received from stock/store
- Ensure 100% compliance with documented stock management processes
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- Relevant degree qualification
- 1- 10+ years of cognate experience on a similar role.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs particularly Microsoft excel and Microsoft word
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should go to www.bgienergyservices.com/human-resources/ to upload their CV and Cover letters.
Note: Candidates will be required to upload their CV and Cover letter as One document.
Deadline 24th November, 2017.