Senior/System Support Accountant at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior/System Support Accountant
Duration: One and a half months, till December 31st 2017 (renewable.)
Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration
System Support Duties:
- Support in designing, installing, implementing and maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Ensure the Centralized Accounting System (CAS) is always up and running.
- Responsible for the periodic closure of accounting books.
- Ensure all implementing entities in the CAS post their transactions as at when due including interfacing with SRs.
- Timely resolution of issues/queries arising from the use of the CAS both at the PR and SR level.
- Responsible for the periodic consolidation of organization accounts.
- Liaise with the Centralized Accounting System consultant on a regular basis to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Work closely with ARFH program and other finance teams, and sub-recipients (SRs) to ensure smooth operation and effective grant’s fund management.
- Support in preparation/review of the fund request by the SRs to ensure reasonability and compliance with approved budgets
- Review retirement documents and follow up all outstanding advances with SR staff and partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Review SRs monthly transactions including cash book and bank reconciliation, and variance analysis report
- Ensure appropriate and timely address of auditors’ findings and recommendations.
- Provide continuous technical assistance and training to sub-recipients on grant implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of donor periodic reports.
Deadline: 8th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).