Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a leading Oil and Gas Services Company, requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline with appropriate coursework in tax and accounting.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of previous accounting and auditing experience with a minimum of 4 years in an Audit firm.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and standards.
- Proficient use of computer applications, such as MS Office and accounting software.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Proficient with relevant technical accounting tools, such as tax programs, research platforms, risk assessment technology, electronic binders, client portals, etc.
- To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones, and other standard office equipment.
- The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.
- The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Use advanced knowledge of accounting to prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Identify risk management issues
- This position will work in support of the Internal Audit management by:
- Demonstrating advanced understanding of internal control concepts and experience apply them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions;
- Working with management to implement the audit plan and system to assess the controls in place that mitigate identified risks to Takeda;
- Reviewing the day-to-day activities of resources from the co-sourcing consulting firm, including assessing and revising proposed audit programs, coordinating the review of documentation and implementing the interview schedule;
- Writing and working with management to communicate action plans resulting from audit findings and recommendations, ensuring that all significant areas are appropriately documented and addressed;
- Primary point of contact to manage audit files and records, ensuring files are maintained in accordance with Record Retention schedules;
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge to identify risk areas to through formal and informal risk assessments and gap analyses;
- Building networks and relationships with other functional areas to build support for the audit plans and initiatives;
- Ensuring adequate supervision of guest auditors.
- Work is considered sedentary and performed mainly in a pleasant office environment with rare exposure to environmental factors
- Minimal safety hazards with general office working conditions
- Travel varies based upon client needs
- Contacts: Position has frequent contact with all levels of team members, clients, vendors, government agencies, professional groups, legal advisors, and consultants.
Deadline: 2nd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with the Job Title as subject of the mail.