The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
- Master Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized university
- 3-4 years; experience working at a pharmaceutical company (in quality assurance or production).
- Knowledge of country pharmaceutical market
- Experience and good knowledge about WHO Good Distribution Practices
- Good knowledge of the country laws regarding drugs and material
- Good command of written and spoken English and local Nigerian language
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to work independently
- Rigorous and precise
- Good knowledge in Excel and ERP knowledge an asset
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- High organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ensures that the GDPs are implemented and that health-care products are handled properly so that they remain safe and effective.
- May write standard operating procedures (SOPs); ensures that they are implemented.
- Trains warehouse staff on the GDPs where necessary.
- Identifies potential domestic suppliers of pharmaceutical and other health-care products and evaluates their compliance with the GDPs.
- Is the legal representative of the ICRC's pharmaceutical services to national drug regulatory authorities
- Provides technical expertise for tenders, works with the Quality Assurance Pharmacist to assess suppliers and issues recommendations on health-care products.
- Files and archives pharmaceutical legal documentation.
- Performs quality control upon receiving health-care products.
- Monitoring any new regulations
Deadline: 2nd March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate “Pharmacist Abuja”; as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.