Somotex Nigeria Limited – Our client, Montana Industries Nigeria Limited, is a well managed chemicals distribution company and a major player in the procurement, distribution and marketing of construction chemicals. We need a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Fitter Executive
- Minimum of an SSCE/OND
- 2-4 years’ experience in fitting machines.
Special Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Fits and assembles structural frameworks and housings from materials, such as angle iron, I-beams, and plate steel, using hand tools and welding equipment and following blueprint specifications: Examines blueprints and materials list to obtain parts specifications.
- Lays out parts dimensions on worktable, using square, chalk line, and soapstone.
- Tack-welds scrap metal to outline to provide jig for assembly.
- May heat parts with acetylene torch and bend them in vise, on anvil, or around stakes mounted in table.
- Tack-welds fitted parts together or directs Fitter Helper to tack-weld parts.
- May heat parts with acetylene torch and dip parts in cyanide bath to harden.
- Periodically compares dimensions of assembly to blueprint specifications, using square, rule, and calipers.
- Works to tolerances of.
- May anneal parts with acetylene torch to remove stresses of welding.
- May fasten parts together with acetylene torch and brazing rod.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com