Latest Openings at Niger Delta University
The Niger Delta University is a Bayelsa State-owned Institution. it is located in Wilberforce Island, some 32 kilometers from Yenagoa, the State Capital.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Financial and Academic Officer of the University, Chairman of Senate and several other statutory and a.d hoc Committees.
- A Candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is expected to possess a good University education from a recognized University and should be someone with a proven experience and successful manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic of the rank of a professor with ability to provide academic leadership; the candidate must have been in an academic environment at the tertiary level for at least 12 years of unbroken service.
- Be a scholar who is well-rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- The applicant must be a Professor with Ph.D.;
- The applicant must have presented Inaugural Lecture
- Have a high reputation and should be able to command, by virtue of his/her academic track record, respect at national and international gatherings of colleagues;
- Provide administrative leadership to a well-informed and articulate community of lecturers and administrative personnel;
- Possess the disposition and ability to sustain harmony between the Administration, staff, students on the one hand and the host communities on the other;
- Be a person who is creative and innovative, with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated; pace of development of the University even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Be a person of proven probity and integrity, with exemplary leadership qualities;
- Must be vast in ICT to be able to lead a 21 Century University;
- Must submit statement of vision and mission for the University of not less than 500 words;
- Be someone who appreciates, respects and promotes hard work and merit without fear or favour;
- Be someone who is not under financial or criminal investigation;
- Be not more than 60 years on assumption of duty;
- Enjoys excellent physical and mental health.
Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Federal and State Universities or as the Governing Council of the University may determine from time to time.
Deadline: 14th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following:
- Their applications made in 30 copies including detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate;
- The Curriculum Vitae should include the list of all refereed Publications, names and addresses of three referees two of whom must be from the University where he/she has been teaching; it is the responsibility of the candidate to request his/her referees to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee Report” with the name of the candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope;
- In the case of a candidate identified and nominated by the Search Committee, the application must be accompanied by a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate.
- The sealed envelopes containing the applications/nominations should be marked ‘Vice- Chancellor’ at the top left hand corner and forwarded in time to reach the Registrar.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Niger Delta University,