Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Job ID: 13-9929
Reports To: State Team Lead
- The objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of CaTSS M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistic
- Minimum of 3 years hand-on monitoring & evaluation experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 3 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, and OVC
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State CATSS project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the implementation of CaTSS state M&E plan and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Advisors and Directors
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the CaTSS central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency and validity of routine data including Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and mobile applications.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, used program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups working on the Secure the Future project.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams.
- Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with CaTSS management to document and publish best practices.
- Perform any other task to be assigned by your supervisor
Deadline: 9th February, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online