The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with its vision of helping to build a bettet Nigeria. This annual prize for Science is endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to prescribed problems afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the theme of the year. The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100, 000.00).
Entries are hereby invited for:
Title: The Nigeria Prize for Science 2018
- The theme for the 2018 competition is: Innovations in Electric Power Solutions
- Entries ore therefore invited from researchers for works that contribute to the electric power solutions especially from a Nigerian perspective.
- The award is open to all Nigerians and non-Nigerians involved in the application of science to proffer innovative solutions to the electric power challenges confronting Nigeria.
- The materials for award must not be under consideration for any other award.
- All materials in support of the entry must be submitted within the time open for entry submission.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provided an innovative solution in the area of electric power
- The material for consideration must be original and indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
- Entries, including the supporting documents, must be submitted in six (6) copies.
- As the intention is to recognise the most relevant and effective solution to specific Nigerian problems, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.
- No entry previously submitted for this competition may be considered at a later date.
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives ore not allowed to enter their works for the Science prize during their year of service as well as the following year.
- NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
Panel of Judges
- A Panel of Judges shall be appointed for The Nigeria Prize for Science’ by the Advisory Board.
- The appointment of judges shall, as far as possible, reflect and represent a multi-disciplinary approach relevant to the theme. Persons appointed as judges are those who have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The decision of the process shall be final.
- Professor Alfred A. Susu, FAS, NNOM – Chairman
- Professor Barth Nnaji, FAS, CON, NNOM – Member
- Dr. (Mrs.) Nike Akande, CON – Member
- Professor Michael Adikwu, FAS – Member
- Professor Elijah D. Mshelia, FAS – Member
Announcement and Public Presentation of Winner
Winners will be announced in October and presented to the public at a later date.
Deadline: 25th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their entries to:
The Nigeria Prize for Science,
External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Intels Aba Road Estate,
Km 16 Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway,
The Nigeria Prize for Literature,
External Relations Division,
10 Dean Farrar Street,
London, SW1 H ODX.