Recruitment at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) for Base Administrative Manager
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Administrative Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Base Administrative Manager is responsible to manage the Administrative Department at Monguno Base under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and with the technical support of both the Finance Coordinator and the HR Coordinator.
- He/she is responsible for the proper functioning of the administrative services of the base, in compliance with the procedures of PUI and donors.
- S/he supervises all the activities related to human resources management.
- S/he is responsible for the enforcement of internal staff regulation and HR guidelines at base level, while respecting the legal framework of the country of operation in this regard.
- S/he analyzes risks in relation to HR, administrative and financial questions, and issues alerts and recommendations when necessary.
Administrative and financial support:
- S/he oversees administrative and financial questions at the base, and ensures compliance with relevant procedures, with substantive support from the mission’s Financial Coordinator.
- S/he is responsible for the administrative management of national teams at base level in close collaboration with the HR Coordinator (recruitment, hiring, remuneration, follow-up, evaluations, training, dismissals…).
- Work Organization:
- S/he makes recommendations and participates in the rationalization and optimization of the Human Resources of the base.
Budget Follow Up:
- S/he contributes to the financial follow up of the mission, in coordination with other departments
Training and ExperiencesTraining
- Bachelor/Master in Admin / Finance / Accounting or related fields.
- 1 year of experience in HR and Finance management in the field with a Humanitarian INGO.
- (Excel very strong proficiency)
- Independence, ability to take initiatives, sense of responsibilities
- Good resistance to stress
- Pragmatism, objectivity and an ability to take a step back and analyze
- Ability to provide/structure instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive HR information
- High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the projects. Demonstrate an integrated approach and attitude through normal work activities and a thorough understanding of community-based protection issues in the country of operation
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership
- Team player: proven management ability and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Analytical skills
- Organization, rigor and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage people remotely
- Ability to work in volatile and secluded contexts
- French desirable.
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 6 months
- Monthly gross income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in international NGOs/charities + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housingin collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses.
Deadline: 1st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Emmanuelle Gracia, Human Resources Officer” for Expatriates at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “AdminBase – Nigeria”.
Click Here to Download Full Job Description (PDF)