Vacancy for Subsurface Technical Manager at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subsurface Technical Manager
Job Number: WTSomolara.25186
Type of Employment: Permanent
- Degree in Engineering; MS or Ph.D preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the oil & gas industry with the majority of that time in subsurface technical roles.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience Broad subsurface knowledge and experience including reservoir engineering, reservoir modelling, reservoir characterisation, well test design and analysis, completion design, development geology, exploration geology, geophysics, well logging, well testing, well test analysis, operations geology, production engineering and reservoir management.
- An understanding and appreciation of the capital projects, drilling and operations disciplines and how they interact with subsurface functions.
About the Job
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervision of the subsurface team consisting of Asset, geology, reservoir engineering etc.
- Lead reservoir modeling studies Generate probabilistic reserve estimates, and optimize reservoir development efforts In collaboration with geoscientists will assemble reservoir characterization models.
- Coordinate the subsurface team: develop work plans and priorities and perform quality checks
- Assist the asset teams on subsurface matters.
- Monitor drilling activity and work with drilling and operation team members to ensure goals are met.
- Recommend and manage contracted studies of fields, integrating all geologic and reservoir data to build reservoir descriptions.
- Develop the development team through mentoring and oversight: provide feedback and recognition Review of work-in-progress and work plans and provide timely feedback as to appropriateness of work products and plans
- Lead and drive the implementation of subsurface activities for field development.
- Lead and drive the execution of subsurface activities and influence Host Government and Partners to evaluate near field potentials.
- Lead and drive subsurface activities and effectively manage hydrocarbon resources Advise and recommend technical decisions to respective JV Management and Partners on subsurface matters Lead and guide the team in reviewing and evaluating the subsurface proposal & performance .
- Lead and influence to adopt relevant subsurface technology applications in Field Development based on optimum industry practices
- Understand the basic of facilities for operations .Manage the execution of all engineering studies inclusive of Concept, Pre-FEED ,FEED , Detail Design and Execution Responsible for the creation and execution of development strategies for operator owned assets .
- Manage and approve the Technical and Economic modeling of all owned assets and support business development in the review of new opportunities.
- Ensure regulatory compliance. Management of NDPC relations.
- Deliver production optimization and enhancement programs
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online