9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Core and VAS
- Drive the planning, design, optimisation & E2E integration of EMTS’s Core (CS & PS) and VAS network systems and platforms to support business requirements.
- Develop cutting edge digital solutions (products & services)based on commercial requirements.
- Contribute to the definition of the overall Network topology to meet the service level agreement for Core and Value-Added Services.
- Lead the design & development of products & services across various technologies
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the Core and VAS platform design and development.
- Identify required resources, personnel,funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain key vendor relationships in line with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that EMTS Core and VAS system/network design is in line with accepted local and international standards.
- Ensure interoperability of Core &VAS nodes across all technologies; GSM, EDGE, UMTS & LTE and IT systems
- Implement strategies to ensure optimum voice, data and signalling traffic utilisation and occupancy.
- Drive the strategies for the roll out ofcore and value-added services nodes/solutions.
- Champion the evolution of the Core& VAS network into new technologies like virtualisation, cloudification, SDPs, Digital services etc
- Coordinate the evaluation of local and global telecommunications trends and development and implement strategies to counter/minimize possible impact on the architecture and integrity of EMTS Core& VAS networks.
- Manage the daily activities of the unit and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the technical department and the organisation as a whole.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to core and VAS network planning standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Director, Engineering
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director, Engineering
- Oversee the development of a plan of Core and VAS system architecture that is best suited for EMTS requirements
- Coordinate the development of detailed Core & VAS network integration design.
- Liaise with the Commercial and Product& Information department for capacity planning & integration requirements for new VAS & IT solutions.
- Ensure strict compliance with EMTS’ policies, processes and procedures in the planning of the VAS platform.
- Ensure the timely provisioning of network capacity for all Core and VAS nodes.
- Facilitate the design of various forms of interconnect architecture between EMTS and all other telecoms carriers (local & international)
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science or Physics
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualifications
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Nine (9) to Twelve (12) years’ work experience with at least three (3)years in managerial role
- Network Capacity Management; planning design & optimization
- Financial Budgeting; CAPEX& OPEX management
- Sound knowledge of Telecommunications & IT Technologies
- Telecommunications Regulations
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
- Leadership and People Management
- Influencing and Negotiation
- Change Management
- Analytic reasoning
- Project Management
- Communication &presentation