Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and report to the Base Finance Officer.
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day financial and programmatic activities of the base office to ensure successful implementation of Action Against Hunger programs.
- A Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the base’s cash box and ensure that all advances made within the month are justified before the final monthly cash count.
- Comply with purchasing procedures, supply chain guidelines and payment mode.
- Train vendors on financial procedures and payment policies.
- Facilitate payment at the field in support of program activities.
- Support the implementation of the program’s cash transfer guidelines.
- Make payments and verify the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the Action Against Hunger procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed.
- Ensure that the physical cash box and the Excel/Saga cash book correspond on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance of the supply chain guidelines and payment mode.
- Verify that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate.
- File and track all the invoices/documents (base financial books).
Deadline:13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online