Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Contract length: 5 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-1 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
About the Job
- As an integral staff member of the ACTED, the Logistics Officer will provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Assets Management, the Logistics Officer is expected to:
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Warehouse in line with the Assets recording system for the country program
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized; recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the ACTED guidelines and policies.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse is reported to the Project manager.
Inventories and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores is well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of warehouse & stores inventories are correctly recorded and documented; authorized and paper work is done as per procedures.
- Inform the relevant Program staff/managers upon the receipts and dispatches and coordinate with them, as it may be necessary. Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery.
- Ensure stock movement documentations are updated and stock reports are produced on time.
- Ensure stocks Reports are circulated to all sector Managers biweekly or on monthly basis and per request.
Power Systems Management:
- Ensure all power generation equipment, electric appliances and power systems are well maintained
- Ensure issues related to power systems are timely reported and solutions are sought under the guidance of the Logistics Manager.
- Monthly reports of use and maintenance are produced and submitted to the Project manager
Transportation & Freight:
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Arrange for the distribution of program supplies as per plan and coordinate with program teams.
- Ensure safe transportation of program mail pouches to the field offices and the relevant procedures are adhered to by the drivers and mail carriers.
- General Work and Filing
- Implement standard ACTED Warehouse System and procedures
- Provide training and support to other logistics colleagues when requested.
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Ensure all paper work is kept according to ACTED’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do not contradict the organization’s policies.
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Experience in Humanitarian Organization in security complex area.
- Good with Microsoft Office tools.
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of Warehouse is required
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Business Administration, Sociology, Social work, International Affairs, humanitarian or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
Deadline: 15th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s to: email@example.com
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered. e.g CCCM Team Leader-Mafa
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.