App Developer Vacancy for in a Technology Solution Company
Smart Partners Consulting – Our Client, a technology solution company is urgently in need of a qualified candidate to lead the design and code functional programs and applications, in the position below:
Job Title: App Developer
- The developer will lead the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support.
- Apps will be mainly content based and integrated closely with the web sites.
- In addition to delivering the product the successful candidate will be heavily involved in driving the mobile strategy globally.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally
- LAMP development experience
- PHP frameworks (e.g. Zend)
- PHP template engines (e.g. Smarty)
- Creative design skills
- Working with a content management system
- Working in a media/ publishing environment
- Proven experience as application developer
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE) etc.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- B.Sc/BA in Computer Science or relevant field; M.Sc/MA will be appreciated.
- Certified application developer is a plus.
Competencies for success:
- Learning on the Fly Technical Learning
- Action Orientated
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
Deadline: 15th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s, a covering letter stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state clearly in the subject line which post you are applying for.