PwC helps organization and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Associate
Reference Number: 125-NIG00158
Job type: Permanent
- The Audit Associate will be responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as part of an engagement team carrying out the audit of companies in the financial services industry, under the supervision of Audit Seniors and Audit Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma in Accounting with not less than Second Class Upper division/Upper Credit
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Candidate must possess not more than 3 years relevant work experience
- Ability to take responsibility for personal growth
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, presentation and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish working knowledge of the client’s accounting procedures and processes.
- Provide recommendations for strengthening internal controls and promoting business efficiency.
- Proactive in seeking coaching and clarification on assigned tasks from the audit seniors and audit managers.
- Lead small engagement team with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching and supervision
- Act as an assistant team lead on medium sized engagement while reporting effectively to the senior associate and manager (as required).
- Build strong working relationships with client contacts.
- Evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures; making recommendations for improvements
- Perform substantive tests and tests of controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Identify any accounting or audit issues and perform the necessary research to resolve such issues
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks, including:
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including preparation of audit plans, budgets and engagement letters.
- Preparing client assistance schedules (CAS) and following-up on client deliverables
Application Deadline 15th March, 2018.