We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bio-statistician
- The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria indicator and Impact Survey (NAIlS) is a population -based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV specific indicator, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment program to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV program.
- The Biostatistician will support the Nigeria AIDS indicator and Impact Survey which will be surveying 88,775 randomly selected households and 168,029 individuals in Nigeria to estimate HIV incidence, prevalence, viral load suppression among adults and children and to determine hepatitis B and C prevalence.
- The Biostatistician will apply his/her expertise in large scale survey statistics, methodology, including survey sampling and weighting methodology to generate valid national and sub-national estimates.
- PhD in Statistics or Quantitative Methods with survey and modeling experience.
- Extensive experience in managing survey data
- Familiarity with key data checks to be monitored during the survey
- Ability to use core statistical skills for data analysis such as: quantitative and qualitative analysis, weighting, inference, validity and modeling
- Good knowledge of data science and data science methods
- Strong ability to work with appropriate coding/scripting languages
- Ability to develop software for more advanced, data processing tasks
- Ability to apply data mining techniques to unstructured data sets such as time-series data, streaming data, sequence data, graph data, spatial data and multimedia data
Roles and Responsibilities
- Through survey methodology, demography and geostatistical modelling techniques yield estimates of national and subnational HIV prevalence
- Use geostatistical and geospatial modelling techniques
- Provide survey statistics Support, consultation, and analysis
- Estimates the key population size
- Implement sampling and weighting strategies for household and other data collection strategies
- Develops weights for complex survey data
- Analyzes complex survey data
- Develops and use macros or other procedures for automating statistical analysis –
- Communicates findings in written documentation and presentations
- Assists in country report writing and writing peer-reviewed papers
- Conducts statistical review of study protocols, SOPs, manuals, training materials, manuscripts, and other documents
- First 9 months of employment, this position is posted in Nigeria
- One Year with the possibility of renewal subject to the availability of funds,
Deadline: 13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply Online