Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading offshore support vessel company in the marine industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crewing Coordinator
Job Reference: 1383
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Mobilize sea staff to assigned vessels in sufficient time for crew changes, ensuring that all necessary travel arrangements and documentation are in order, and that all relevant industry, flag state, and client requirements in respect of crew training, certification, and manning are satisfied at all times.
- Ensure that crew arrive on board or return home in accordance with crew change schedules and procedures by:
- Managing the crew change process to reduce overlap periods as much as possible.
- Ensuring all relevant parties are informed of crew travel details, (e.g., regional office staff, local agents, etc.), and meet and greets are properly arranged.
- Preparing and submitting any additional documentation required for client approvals
- Promptly arranging any visas, vaccinations, or additional training required
- Maintaining regular and effective communication with the crew on leave to identify any issues with availability as early as possible.
- Informing Senior Crewing Officer of any vacancies in sufficient time for hiring to take place.
- Arranging cost effective and convenient travel for crew so that they join/depart on time for crew changes.
- Maintaining weekly crew schedule reports, to be shared with shore and vessel management, ensuring any issues are highlighted well in advance
- Ensure that all crew joining assigned vessels are fully compliant with client and vessel requirements by:
- Obtaining all national and/or flag state certification required for each assigned crew member, monitoring that all mandatory licenses remain valid at all times.
- Ensuring that crew receive and review contractual documentation before travelling to the vessel, as well as appropriate instruction on MLC 2006 regulations.
- Recording all crew certification in the crewing software and checking for any compliance discrepancies before every crew change.
- Updating the crewing software with any additional client requirements whenever the vessel changes charter.
- Arranging any additional training courses as may be required for certain projects.
- Ensure that payroll reports, and company records and statistics are accurate and reliable by:
- Ensuring that all sea staff records on the Crewing software are complete and kept up to date, and all certificates and documentation are saved in the appropriate folders.
- Regularly maintaining crew schedules on the Crewing software, so that crew change plans are accurately reflected and overdue cases are easily identified.
- Routinely tracking crew movements in the Crewing software, so that payroll records are correct.
- Ensuring that up to date performance scores are available on the system for all assigned crew, reporting any promotable or underperforming crew to Fleet Superintendent and Senior Crewing Officer so that appropriate follow up can be made.
- Ensuring that all promotions and terminations are accurately recorded in the system in sufficient detail
- Ensure that relevant information is passed to Finance in accordance with company procedures to allow Crewing related payments to be made promptly and accurately by:
- Raising Purchase Orders as required for travel, flag state and other crewing services.
- Adhering strictly to deadlines for submitting payroll related data.
- Use proactive communications to establish effective and collaborative working relationships with all assigned crew by:
- Contacting crew at home well in advance of crew changes, to ensure they are aware of joining schedules and any mobilization requirements.
- Establishing weekly/regular calls with Masters from assigned vessels to update on crew change plans and scheduled joiners, increasing frequency of communications in cases of any crew change delays.
- Maintaining polite and professional communications at all times, and showing due consideration and understanding when dealing with queries, grievances, or compassionate situations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree level
- Minimum Experience: One year as Crewing Coordinator, preferably for offshore vessels
- Computer literate and able to work within multi-cultural environment
- Good communicator
- Working knowledge of STCW regulations and MLC 2006
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Maintaining quality and the ability to work in a friendly manner to standard operating procedures
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate with others
- Self-disciplined, logical, accurate, compliant, factual, conventional, flexible, active, cautious when making decisions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online