Stresert Services Limited – Our client, one of the leading Insurance Organizations in Nigeria, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos (ideal candidates should reside on the Island or the closest environment easily reached to the island).
- Facilitate Electrical & Mechanical repairs. Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. electrical; mechanical; renovation; and air conditioning (HVAC), etc.); Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, luminous and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets; providing raceways for telephone communications.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Procures and order parts as required.
- Provides support by responding to requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains etc).
- Performs other work related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Preferred candidate must be willing work weekends due to work exigencies.
Education & Other Requirements
- Minimum of trade test III; Electrical/Mechanical OND holders are welcome to apply.
- Minimum of 3 -4 years experience in facility maintenance.
- Desired age range is between 24 – 35 years.
- Should be available to work weekends when the need arises.
- Basic understanding of plumbing and carpentry is an additional leverage.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Deadline: 5th April, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘FMO’ as subject of mail