Green Compass Recycling is a company within the Sunray Ventures group of companies, set up to address the adverse environmental and health implications of the mismanagement of electronic and electrical equipment (“EEE”) (“e-waste”) in Nigeria. The company collects EEE and e-waste and ensures that such material is recycled in an environmentally responsible manner. The recycling business has a major impact on the communities we operate in, contributing significantly to a cleaner environment and creating jobs.
We are recruting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
- The company is currently conducting pilots on the collection, reuse and recycling of e-waste. In order to scale-up our operations the company has established a 7,000m2 recycling facility in the centre of Lagos for the disassembling of EEE and processing of e-waste in accordance with international best practices.
- As Process Engineer, you will be working as a member in the Engineering team, where you will hold complete end-to-end responsibility for developing and implementing designs for specific processes, facilities, job roles, or other elements of the operating model of the company. You will be independent in your own work, but will be guided by Head of Engineering and managers of the company, as well as working in a team with other engineers. Within the scope of your responsibilities you will be responsible for designing appropriate blueprints, specifications, training materials, as well as training staff and monitoring compliance with the processes – i.e., you will have end-to-end responsibility to make sure that the processes, systems, facilities which you are responsible for, are being optimized, and that the agreed designs are being followed.
- Engineering background, M.Sc level degree in an engineering or another science field (e.g. mathematics, physics);
- Qualification in Lean Six Sigma or similar is preferable;
- Excellent oral, written, and mathematical abilities;
- High ethical standards;
- Entrepreneurial and leadership aspirations, ability to work in team.
- Develop efficient processes, facilities, equipment, etc.;
- Train staff in process compliance;
- Ensure alignment of designs with strategic vision of the company;
- Ensure availability and organisation of all layout plans, process designs, training materials, etc. within your scope of responsibility;
- Prepare and deliver staff training for process compliance, as required;
- Monitor process implementation and proactively propose mitigation actions in case of issues;
- Oversee continuous improvement in processes within your scope of responsibility.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online