eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
- The State Coordinator is involved in planning, organizing, coordinating and delivering the GRID project at the state level, ensuring that outputs and outcomes outlined in the project results framework are met.
- This includes coordinating state engagement, ensuring government support for the data collection activities, maintaining oversight of field activities, reporting progress, risks and challenges throughout the course of the project, and finally to encourage the state to utilize the data through demonstration of its various applications.
- They will work closely with the Field Operations Coordinator to complete the mapping of their assigned statesl.
- This role will be performed in line within established policies, procedures and guidelines and they will perform other related work as required.
- The State Coordinator will report to and work closely with the GRID Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the State Coordinator will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Manages government liaison and relationships at state level in relation to data collection, mapping, and showcasing potential uses for data.
- Coordinates state level steering committee/working group for the GRID project.
- Liaises with MDAs to determine interest in various applications for the data and reports these to the PM and GIS team.
- Develops operational plan in collaboration with Field Operations Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Works with Field Operations Coordinator, Project Manager, GIS team, State Government and donors/partners to implement the mapping process appropriately.
- Works with the Field Operations Coordinator to obtain relevant baseline mapping data from state MDAs.
- Completes handover/close out report for all states on completion of data collection activities
- Provides Project Manager with budgetary and operational recommendations.
- Reports project progress/issues/challenges to Project Manager on a daily basis.
- Updates risk register as and when required.
- Completes travel and activity planning on a monthly basis
- Regularly updates process documentation to reflect work done, lessons learned, challenges experienced and potential for extension of project in line with partner aims and objectives.
- Works with State representatives and the Field Operations Coordinator to manage the selection and onboarding of data collectors.
- Works with Operations Assistant to manage logistics for data collector testing, interviewing, training and deployment.
- Negotiates and supports with the execution of various agreements as necessary with individual agencies/organizations, both public and private, for services relevant to implementation of the project.
- Ensures compliance with state laws and regulations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a relevant field
- Three years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in project coordination/management
- Knowledge of automated mapping and spatial information processing concepts
- Knowledge of the capabilities of automated mapping and geographic information processing systems
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the activities of a team
- Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology in terms understandable to state officials and agency heads
- Ability to present data clearly and highlight its potential for decision making to high level stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate large scale events, including workshops and training sessions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with user agencies, administrative officials and employees
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Ability to produce concise and useful reports and present information effectively using appropriate mediums.
The State Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Behaves Ethically: Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Builds Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicates Effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters
- Fosters Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Makes Decisions: Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
- Plans: Determines strategies to move the organization forward, sets goals, creates and implements actions plans, and evaluates the process and results.
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem
- Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organisation
- Working knowledge of project management tools, e.g. Atlassian Jira, Redbooth, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Language Ability
- English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Job Title: Store Keeper
Purpose of the Job
- The Store Keeper is responsible for all store operations activities including receiving deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting store transactions, maintaining records, overseeing storage and distribution of supplies.
- The Store Keeper reports to the Deputy Manager, Warehouse who jointly oversees the inventory and coordinates store transactions.
What you’ll Do
- To perform this role successfully, s/he will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Receive and inspect all incoming goods; reconcile with purchase orders and waybills; process and distribute documentation as required..
- Report, document and track damaged goods and record discrepancies on orders received.
- Appropriately maintain files containing information of all activities of the unit, such as invoices, order number, receiving date, and shipping date and prepare corresponding reports.
- Receive and keep confidential store documents, files and all approvals.
- Make report of all damaged stocks before taking appropriate actions as instructed by the Warehouse Manager or Deputy Warehouse Manager.
- Handle and document the storage and transportation of goods.
- Maintain and ensure the warehouse environment is in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain inventory by using inventory management software or excel spreadsheet.
- Participate in promoting a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- Will adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Work with partner organizations in meeting item storage and withdrawal needs
Who you are:
- Minimum of Diploma in Accounting, Stores Management, or any other related field.
- Minimum of two (02) years prior related experience in warehouse and storage operations preferably within NGO/ healthcare, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year experience with an NGO handling similar role. Exhibit professionalism in the workplace at all times.
- Accept responsibility for own actions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal) with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, analytical skills and great attention to details.
- Must have a great understanding regarding health and safety for self, others.
- Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Exhibits a great amount of flexibility in delivering your duties.
- Ability to work in distant locations under minimal supervision.
- Exhibit a high sense security consciousness and alertness at all times;working effectively with security forces to ensure the safety of lives and properties.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology.
- We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.