Osun State University (UNIOSUN) was established by Osun State University Law (2006). The University commenced academic activities on 21st September. 2007 simultaneously on permanent sites on its six campuses located in the six geo-political zones of Osun State. The campuses are located in Osogbo, (Main Campus), Ejigbo, ifetedo, Ikire, Ipetu-Ijesa and Okuku.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The Candidate shall be a person of high integrity and strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- She/he must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- She/he must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to effectively utilize Its human resources to develop a library system that will fully support the university aspiration to attain a world class administrative status.
- She/he must enjoy good physical and mental health.
- She/he must be ICT compliant.
- Possess a good Honours Degree and Master Degree in Library and information Science
- Should have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification academic and professional experience with a minimum of five (5) years at the management level;
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree and membership of recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage;
- Be not older than 60 years as at the date of this publication;
- Enjoy good physical and mental health
- The University Librarian is the Academic and Professional Head of the University.
- She/he is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and management of the University Library and the College as well as Departmental Libraries by virtue of his/her position, the university librarian is a principal officer of the University.
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment is for a period of five years effective from the date of assumption of duty and on such other terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The salary is as applicable to similar positions in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Government of the State of Osun and Council of Osun State University from time to time.
Job Title: Director of Audit
Location: Osun Duties
- The Director of Audit shall be directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the day to day performance of his duties.
- He shall advise the Management on adequacy of internal control and write periodic report to the Vice-Chancellor.
- He/She shall provide the required leadership in the Directorate.
- Candidates must possess First Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics, Banking and Finance or any other relevant University first degrees plus fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience or Possession of First and Masters Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics,. Bank and Finance or other relevant University first degree plus twelve (12) years cognate experience.
- In addition, candidates must be professionally qualified by being a Chartered Member of any of the appropriate professional bodies, with 10 years post qualification experience, such as:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Association of Certified Accountants (ACA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Certified and Management Accountants (ACMA)
Required Personal Attributes:
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
- He/She must be capable of instilling confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
- He/She must enjoy good physical and mental health;
- In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
Deadline: 9th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty-five (35) copies of their Curriculum Vitae,certificates and other relevant credentials which should contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname first In block letters)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Phone Number and e-Mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address/Phone Number of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates and Qualification with Class of Degree obtained including membership /fellowship of relevant professional bodies, if any.
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts with dates.
- List of Publications, if any.
- Other relevant activities outside current employment.
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received, if any.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competence, in a properly sealed envelope marked “Reference/ Post of University Librarian” as the case may be at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- The application should also include thirty-five (35) copies of the candidates Statement of Vision for the University for the next five years and beyond. The statement must not be longer than 3,000 words.
The sealed envelope containing the application should be submitted under confidential cover marked “Application/Post of University Librarian” at the top left hand comer, forwarded and addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Osun State University,
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject matter should read “Application for the Post of University Librarian”. Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.