Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervision and Scaffold Services Officer
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: To be Confirmed
- Support the conduct of HSE induction for contractor personnel before mobilization to site for shutdown activities.
- Support the preparation for SIMOPs and associated dossiers development and other necessary documentations.
- Be a member of the Risk Assessment Team to aid in this process as required.
- Design, construct and certify scaffold in support of maintenance and turnaround operations.
- Inspect scaffold holdings for compliance to local and industry standards
- Introduce and maintain a scaffold inspection system comprising weekly checks of all erected scaffold.
- Introduce and maintain a Scaftag system.
- Participate in audits, inspections and safety observation tours as directed by line manager or client.
- Comply with Company procedures and checklists to ensure all tasks are completed with full regard to Safety Health and Environment.
- Understand and ensure that Sub-contractors comply with key safe systems of work. Such as but not limited to:
- Recognition, risk Assessment & Mitigation of hazards
- Authorized scaffold access
- Quarantined scaffold
- Participate in Tool Box Talks
- Supervise Working at heights
- Contribute to diffusing HSE philosophy and on-site training of the site work force
- Ensures implementation of the HSEMS policy and adherence to safe operations working procedures.
- Enforce the implementation of laid down Waste management procedure, Environmental and point source monitoring (gaseous emissions, effluent etc.)
- Ensure timely reporting of all reportable incidents and accidents.
- Assist in incident investigation, analyses, follow-up and close out Organize and participate in audits of installations and operations, check on their conformity to Company reference documents.
- Follow up actions from Audits, sites visits, HSECOMS, REX etc. as may be required.
- Support the planning and implementation of Operations sites ISO audits.
- Participate in site operations Emergency Preparedness and implementation as required including drafting of Emergency procedures and guidelines
- Carry out inspection and assessment of the scaffolding material which includes poles/boards and clamps that are supplied to ensure they comply with the correct standards, on an ongoing basis.
- Inspect and approve the erection of the scaffold assembly to ensure it complies with the requirements of the assembly standard
- Ensure that the requirements of the general Company permit procedures relevant to scaffold assemblies are met.
- Maintain a record of the condition of all scaffolding materials and assemblies to ensure that they are maintained correctly and/or removed from site and disposed of, if found damaged or defective.
- To provide advice on the suitability of specialized scaffolds supplied by contracting companies with regard to the functionality of the scaffold to meet the health and safety requirements of Company with regard to design and access in case of plant upset conditions
- A minimum of HND Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years field experience performing similar task in the oil and gas industry for all positions (except Operations Safety Services for which the personnel must have a minimum of 10 years cognate process/production/HSE field experience).
- Supervision Services personnel should have Professional Certifications in relevant field from local and International Bodies (NEBOSH, IOS, IRCA 2020, IRSM, ROSPA).
- Personnel show evidence of valid training on basic first aid and fire fighting
- Valid Scaffold inspector’s training from certified scaffold inspectors training provider basically for scaffold inspector personnel.
Deadline: 23rd March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online