Latest Job Vacancies at Kuro Communications Limited
Kuro Communications Limited is wholly Nigerian owned, managed and directed. Our depth, knowledge and expertise in the Nigerian ICT sector gives us the edge in providing world class, tailor made solutions for our clients. Our understanding of the Nigerian IT and Telecoms industries allows us to be ahead of our competitors in this fast growing industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crop Farm Manager
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Negotiates with bank officials to obtain credit from bank.
- Must have good communications and negiotiation skills
- Must Have managed 15,000 hectares or have the capacity to manage 15000 hectares of farm land
- Must have 10years or more experience in crop farming
- Must have leadership skills.
Job Title: Farm Security Officer
Qualification, Experience and Requirements
- Ability to engage in community relations
- Must be ex-police or military officer with a distinguished career
- Secure all lives and property on each location
- Design, implement, coordinate farm security operations plan
- Knowledgeable about setting up & managing a security operation
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
- He or she will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the out-growers and their farm-laborers follow the production protocols correctly and at the right times.
- Supervision and monitoring of every stage of the production, harvest and post-harvest processes to identify and report exceptions and thereby ensure that desired outcomes are achieved.
- Ensuring that production inputs and services are made available to out-growers under him at the right time and in the right quantities.
- He or she will be accountable for how these inputs are utilized by his/her out-growers.
- Assisting the Farm Manager in extending knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices to the out-growers and farm labourers under his supervision from time to time as may be needed.
- Minimum of 3-5years working experience in crop production
- Good communications skills
- Must have proven passion for crop production and prepared to live and work in rural Nigeria.
- Must be able to communicate in Hausa.
Job Title: Farm Store Clerk Officer
- Responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing farm products.
- The incumbent will also assist in keeping accurate inventory balances and maintaining a safe work environment in accordance with established policies and practices.
- Organize and control the flow of materials.
- Responsible for safety and physical control of all goods/equipments.
- Permits quantity buying.
- Maintain the in and out of company goods, and keeps records of stock.
- Report depletion of stored goods, to make plans for restocking.
- Maintain internal safety of goods.
- Must communicate in Hausa fluently.
Job Title: Assistant Crop Farm Manager
- Supervise the activities of the farm workers ensuring that they carry out their responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attends to daily request for operational effectiveness
- Supervise cultivation activities on the farm and report farm manager daily.
- Prepares daily, weekly & monthly Reports for crop management
- Helps to determine soil use and rotation of crops.
- Supervise any ongoing project on the farm. note somebody with a vast knowledge in the cultivation of multiple crops would be preferred.
- Be responsible for about 3000 hectares of farm land
- We understand the importance of a constant presence at the farm especially during cultivation, so the assistant farm manager primary purpose is to be on the farm managing the farms, ensuring that all goes well during cultivation and afterwards.
- Must be Fit
- Must be a good communicator and speak both English and Hausa
- Have the ability to manage 3000 hectares of land
- have knowledge and atlest 7- 10 years experience of crop farming
- willing to live and work in the north
Deadline: 6th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with position being applied for as subject of email.e.g “Crop Farm Manager”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.