The Place Nigeria is a trademark of Smackers Limited, a company registered in 2003 to explore opportunities in the hospitality sector in Nigeria. The Place is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1300 employees. Currently, our operations span across 12 locations in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in short and medium term. Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 50 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies. We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us in leading the articulation and execution of strategic transformation initiatives as we position ourselves to maintain sustained growth, profitability and our position as a market leader in our industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos,
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Working with team members and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed
- A B.Sc or equivalent
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer
- Experience in a similar industry is an added advantage
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- We require a naturally creative, versatile and open-minded Operations Analyst for our restaurant business.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in conducting research and proffering improvement solutions in varied aspects of our restaurant business.
- Primarily, he/she will work with the Operations Manager to champion development of new innovative, food products while also maintaining the Company’s approved operational standards across all outlets.
- The candidate must be able to learn quickly, multi-task and successfully work with a wide range of stakeholders across various career levels.
- It will also be critical for the candidate to be willing to take up new challenges, have a knack for identifying improvement opportunities and the wherewithal to assist in the implementation of operations enhancement initiatives.
- Our preference is for people who has acquired baseline research, analytical, business consulting, problem solving, and critical thinking skills for a minimum of 2 years from reputable management consulting firms.