Isa Kaita College of Education, invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: College Librarian
- Candidates must possess a minimum of MLS with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
- Candidates must also obtain relevant publications in journals and text books equivalent to that of a Chief lecturer.
- Candidates must show evidence of an up to date Professional Membership of a relevant Professional Body(ies).
- Candidates must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Candidates must not be more than fifty (50) years as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline dedication, drive and resourcefulness; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College.
- Implementing overall library policy and liaising with Departments on book requirements.
- Preparation of Library Budget.
- Giving professional advice on library matters.
- Responsible to the Provost for the smooth running of the College Library.
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for tenure of five (5) years in the first instance, but candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for second and final term of five (5) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the conditions of service of Isa Kaita College of Education Dutsin-ma, and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Deadline: 26th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications which must be typed in twenty (20) copies with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including all relevant credentials.
Applications should be addressed and forwarded to:
Isa Kaita College of Education,
Note: Candidates are also required to request their three (3) referees to send Confidential Report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.