Latest Jobs at Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) for Finance/Admin Officer – Borno & Cross River
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) works with people and local actors around the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri- Borno, Ikom/Adikpo -Cross River ( with some travels to the field)
Duration: Two months initial for Ikom/Adikpo with possibility of extension.
Department / Division /Team: Finance/Admin
Number of positions: 02
Reporting to: Finance Manager
- The purpose of this position is to ensure adequate support to the admin and finance functions in NCA and ensuring that standards are met and followed.
- He/she will serve as key personnel to support the organization in achieving its goal and mission in their response to the humanity needs in Nigeria.
- Responsible for maintaining the petty cash system.
- Available for audits and spot checks as appropriate.
- Regular reporting to supervisor as required
- Ensure fully reconciled reports detailing income and expenditure with cash and bank reconciliations.
- Participate to initiate payment through required process and as designated by finance manager.
- Closely prepare cash forecasts with program staff to identify monthly funding requirements.
- Manage office cash on a day to day basis,
- Carryout daily cash count with Head of Mission/designate.
- Maintain up to date expenditure spreadsheets
- Support the preparation of project finance reports.
- Ensure programmes have approved documents to process payments from required supervisors
- Responsible for maintaining the office finance system as delegated by finance officer and manager.
- Accurate recording of all income and expenditure of program activities.
- Ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances, and management of project assets.
- Ensure vendors documents are correct and facilitate immediate payment upon satisfactory completion of services.
General Office Administration:
- Manage all paper-based correspondence coming in and out of the office
- Design systems to ensure effective use of office resources, in particular office vehicles, generator, furniture, IT equipment, software and monitor accordingly.
- Manage key relationships with service providers for internet, telephone, electricity, water, security, IT management.
- Manage the casual workers, security guards, cleaners, and any other support staff
- Maintain an up-to-date registry of fixed assets closely with procurement/supply chain officer.
- Ensure that the office remains well supplied with consumables, including generator fuel, drinking water, office stationary, bathroom items etc.
- Ensure daily/regular flight booking and travel related cost for staff to perform official duties.
- Ensure all staff leave records are monitored and kept up-to-date, including records for annual leave, sick leave, and time off at work.
- With the finance team, be responsible for operation of payroll for all national staff and ensure compliance with the Nigerian tax legislation and Social Security and pension related.
- Ensure that recruitment procedures are understood and observed.
- Ensure all national staff personal information concerning employees is kept according to Nigerian data protection law.
- Ensure that all expat staff have the necessary visas, permissions, and work permits to reside and work in Nigeria and that these remain valid and up-to-date.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their contractual obligations with respect to NCA policies and staff/ACT code of conduct.
- Facilitate the on boarding of national staff
- Ensure guest houses/hotels are booked for staff in approved NCA listed suppliers
- Participate in the recruitment process of national staff as required by senior management.
Legal and Statutory Compliance:
- Follow-up with NCA legal representative on all regulations and compliance as designated.
- Stay up to date with all regulations and national laws in Nigeria.
- Closely work with Head of mission on property leases and other contracts and agreement ensuring it complies with national laws
Health and Safety:
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety issues and – in conjunction with security focal point and adhere to NCA guidelines.
- When requested by the country director, negotiate and manage local insurance policies for staff medical insurance, vehicle insurance.
- Ensure that all staff remain aware of current health and safety issues and procedures.
- Working with relevant service-providers and/or local staff, ensure that all IT equipment in the office is well maintained with up-to-date software.
- Ensure that all office equipment and stationaries are always available and updated and in line with NCA procurement policy
- Manage and procure through advances where necessary minor office supplies as required.
- Willing to participate in capacity building trainings, while also providing similar to other staff
- Ensure staff have right knowledge on NCA as an organisation and stay focused to its mission.
- Supervising and providing line and team management for all office casual staff, volunteers, security guards, etc
- Please note that anyother responsibilities can be assigned to you as required.
Required knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Qualification
- Proven experience in managing Finance, HR and administrative functions
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- GOOD skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems. Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas as required.
- Two years’ experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation governing International NGOs
- Fluency in English, additional fluency in Hausa and Kanuri an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff within the Trust and key stakeholders externally.
Deadline: 27th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recruitment Team, Norwegian Church Aid,
14 Nta Quarters,
Note: Females applicants are highly encouraged to apply.