Imisi Partners is an Africa focused business development company (BDC) with offices in Istanbul and Lagos. Our firm is essentially a hybrid between a traditional investment company and an operating company.
We make investments in private, or in some cases public companies, typically with lower trading volumes, with an investment objective of providing for the possibility of capital appreciation and current income. We hope our stakes in the businesses will increase in value as the business grows. We also loan money to small enterprises and offer consulting for a fee. Our firm is essentially a hybrid between a traditional investment company and an operating company. We represent a transparent portfolio of loans, similar in some sense to private equity or venture capital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Journalist
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Journalist to contribute to the publication of timely and accurate news
- The successful candidate should be a skilled writer with a passion for the job and capable of both informing and entertaining the audience.
- Journalists writes and assemble together new stories that will interest the audience by gathering together a number of different sources and ensuring that all the arguments are represented.
- B.Sc Degree in Journalism or any relevant field with 2- 5 years of experience in a similar field
- Proven working experience as a journalist or reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast-check information
- Current knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication and networking skills along with an aptitude in extracting information
- Good observation and deduction skills
- Integrity and morality.
- Excellent oral or written skills
- Interpersonal skills
Job Title: Script Writer
- The script writer is responsible for creating every aspect of a script, including the dialogue, characters and plot by creating ideas and bringing stories to life.
- As a Script writer, you need to develop original ideas or adapt to an existing piece through editing and polishing scripts or pitching new story ideas.
- A degree in English, Journalism or a related field is required with 2 -5 years of experience in a similar field.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Creativity and an ‘original voice’
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of the literary marketplace, and of the audience they aim to reach
- IT and typing skills.
- An excellent command of written English, and literary skills and devices
- Motivation and self-discipline to work without supervision
Scriptwriter Duties/ Functions/ Responsibilities
- Getting feedback about the first draft of your work from producers or script editors
- Preparing short summaries of your ideas and selling (known as ‘pitching’) them to Producers or development executives
- Rewriting the script if necessary (you may need to do this several times before arriving at the final agreed version).
- Developing believable plots and characters
- Researching background material
- Laying out the screenplay to an agreed format
- Coming up with themes and ideas
- Passionate about writing and widely read.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com